Chapter Twelve: Purple Orange

As Naruto searches for Hinata throughout the house, he steps down the stairs and his eyes roam around. With no sight of his friend, he sighs, trying not to give up. He soon steps upstairs, seeing his beautiful babysitter next to his fearless father. She has her eyes attentive to him, as he stares in front of the paper in front of him. The two talk, as Naruto tiptoes over to them. Sakura immediately spots the blonde boy, as she turns her attention to him. After all, Naruto came first above all. "Naruto, is there something you need sweetie?"

He sighs. "I can't seem to find Hinata..." He mumbles. "Oh?" Minato looks at him. Naruto, never having his father grasped by his attention, was a bit startling, but Naruto liked this new attentive side of his dad. "Y-Yeah, dad! I was trying to look for Hinata, and I can't find her." He tells him as Sakura smiles sweetly. "Well, son. My advice to you is this. Listen. Find clues. Check everywhere with caution. That's what I would do when I would try and find your mother when..." He trails off, before swallowing the lump in his throat. "We were children."

Naruto nods, soon stepping out and descending down. Sakura turns to Minato, seeing him become introverted and silent once more. "Minato?" She speaks. "I'm fine. Let's get to work." He murmurs. She nods, saying no more before going back to working. He opened up a tiny bit, and that much was just enough for Sakura. Minato sighs, closing his eyelids, before remembering once more, in a fluid memory that had saved itself from being damaged into forgotten.

🌸🌞

"Sixty nine, seventy!" Minato removed his hands from his face as he smiles wide. "Ready or not, here I come!"

He chirps lightly, before looking around aimlessly to try and find Kushina in his house. His mother was upstairs in her office with his father, so that left Minato to play with Kushina. "Kushiiiinnaaa!" He shouts before scurrying all around, zooming up and down the stairs. Minato blinks a couple of times, before sighing, running a hand through his sunbaked hair. He couldn't hear her vividly be there, let alone seek her out. He sighs, checking the bathroom, even opening the toilet lid up to see if she was in there. Next, the shower curtains, but no signs of her.

He groans before stumbling up the stairs to where his parents were. His father Dan, gave him the same advice his father gave him. "Minato, listen. Try to find clues. Check everything with caution, my son." He gave him a gentle smile before Minato nods, then stepping down and out the room into the living room to search for her once more.

Only this time, he knew for sure, he would definitely find her.

🌸🌞

He closed his eyes, muttering under his breath before scribbling with an inky black pen on a blank sheet of paper. Sakura stayed silent.

Naruto is in the basement, listening with precaution, searching silently like a ninja. Finally, he hears soft breathing, barely audible. He then spots a tiny tint of purple behind a few boxes, and he smiles. "I found you, Hinata!" He smiles before pushing the boxes as she squeaks, jumping out. "H-How d-did you find me?" She asks, while shifting nervously. Naruto smiles. "I listened, I found clues, and I checked everywhere with caution," he explains before hugging her. "And it led me to you, Hiiiinnnaaataaa!" He giggles as she turns cherry red in his hug, hugging him back.