Chapter Thirteen: Shy Guys

As dinner rolled by, Hinata was able to stay, and she couldn't wait to for the food Sakura was preparing. The way Sakura looked, made Hinata somewhat envious, mostly because Naruto adored her, and thought so many positive things of her. But Hinata could change herself to be just like Sakura, couldn't she? Naruto would certainly like her then. She was certainly shy and fickle, leaving more reasons for her insecurity to grow. Sakura pulled out small bowls and poured some beef noodles in while the duck sliders were done, along with the beef buns and dumplings. She wished...

That Minato would join dinner as well, but alas, it would just be the three of them. Tsunade and Orochimaru had to do research, leaving Sakura alone with the children, and Minato alone in his study. After finishing preparing dinner, she handed the food to Naruto and Hinata as she sat on the other side from them. "Bon appetit, mes babies!" She says, as a few steps silently tiptoe forward. "Is there room for one more?" A voice quietly asks as Sakura's eyes widen in shock. She turns around in her seat to see Minato standing, with a small intriguing smile.

Her jaw dropped, she quickly closes her mouth before nodding. "A-Aye...yes you can join us!" She then grabs his hand, and letting him sit in the chair next to her. She makes his bowl and brings it to him, before sitting in her chair and staring at the food in front of her. "It smells good." Minato notes, as she smiles. "Thank you." She replies. The four begin to eat, as Naruto smiles wide at Hinata, who was enjoying her food as well. "T-This i-is so delicious Mi-Miss Sakura!" Hinata exclaims as Sakura smiles softly.

"Thank you for complimenting me, Hinata!" Sakura says as Naruto giggles, patting Hinata's back. "See? I told you she's nice, you just gotta talk to her!" Naruto says as Sakura smiles, soon hearing a soft voice speak up in a way he hadn't in a very long time. "Naruto is right, Hinata! If you talk to dear Sakura here, she's sweet." Minato notes as Sakura feels a flush of fever up her cheeks. She manages to eat more as she softly thanks Minato. Hinata finishes eating as the vice president, Hinata's father walks in and takes her home, leaving Naruto and Sakura alone in the home along with Minato.

Tsunade comes inside after a few moments. "Naruto! Your grandpa and I are taking you to Chuck E. Cheese!" Tsunade smiles softly as Sakura's eyes widen. "W-Wait...wha!" Tsunade pats Sakura. "It's alright! Your friend Ino and I decided you and Minato need more bonding, so we'll see you two at midnight!" Tsunade says as Sakura's eyes dart at a nearby clock. "It's barely one o'clock!" She gasps, before Tsunade pats her. "See you later!" Sakura growls on the inside, but was a nervous wreck on the outside.

Alone with Minato?!