Chapter 46

I lay in bed in my underwear beside Derek, holding hands.

We turned to each other.

I smiled, "I'm glad we didn't have breakfast first."

He smiled back, crinkling the skin around his beautiful, green eyes, "Me too."

Sex with Derek was always good. No matter how many times we did it, it never got old. We always surprised each other by the things we learned about the other's body.

"Want some pancakes?" I suggested, pulling the sheet over my chest and taking it with me as I searched the floor for my clothes.

"Sure, let me just uh, clean up." Derek said.

I looked at him then realized what he meant, "Oh! Yeah sure, of course. I'll be in the kitchen when you want to find me."

I smiled and changed in the closet to give him enough privacy to get his bare ass into the bathroom.

Just as I heard the click of the lock in the bathroom, something buzzed on my bedside table. I quickly pulled on my shorts and grasped my vibrating phone.

Buzz buzz.

It was Josh.

How's my blushing bride to be? :) Found some interesting piece of news. Meet me for coffee? See you soon, you'll really want to hear this.

It was funny how he already thought my answer to him popping the question was yes. I didn't want to see him, especially now that things were finally going in the right direction with Derek. He wouldn't take it well if he found out I was going to meet up with my ex-boyfriend right after we just had sex.

It was like a slap in the face.

But Josh's message intrigued me. What was so important that he wanted us to meet? Was his piece of gossip really that juicy?

I shook my head. This was probably nothing but another ploy to get me away from Derek. This time, I wouldn't fall for it.

I texted him back.

Sorry. I really can't. And no news is going to change my mind about Derek.

---------------------------------------------------------

I lay on the floor of the stall, coughing the last of the water from my lungs.

With all my strength, I stood on my shaking legs and made my way over to the bathroom mirror to assess the damage.

Jeez.

I looked like crap. My hair was matted and tangled with wet water dripping down my back onto my shirt. My top was soaked to the core. The mascara that I'd carefully applied to my lashes this morning was flowing out of my eyes like a banshee.
I tried to look on the bright side. There was a pair of clean gym clothes in my locker along with a towel I could use to dry my hair. I could use a piece of toilet paper to wipe away the worst of my ruined makeup off my face.

A slow burn of anger waved over me.

Evelyn would pay for this. I couldn't just let her win.