Chapter Thirteen (Edited)~

-Jeff

I stare at the scene for a little while longer until I start to hear police sirens. As we run out the back door and back into the woods I get this weird feeling that I have never felt before. I feel my heart beating fast. I try to ignore the foreign feeling.

"So, that was a pretty epic killing" I say smiling.

"Eh, I could of done better" she says normally.

"Could of done better?!?!! That was perfect!" I pause as I blush a little bit but it quickly fades. "I have only seen one other person kill like that before." I say with a calm voice. We were basically silent the rest of the way to the cabin.

We walk make it to the cabin and we both instantly go into our rooms. I lay down but I can't seem to fall asleep.

All I can think about is Madison, but why? I don't get it. She's my cousin! Why would I be doing this? But... Technically I don't really have a family anymore. Is she really my cousin anymore? She someone that I could never imagine killing. I don't understand..

Slowly, I let my thoughts allow me to sleep.

I wake up in the morning and head into the kitchen. I go ahead and make some bacon. The bacon is almost done and she walks into the kitchen, her hair still bed head.

"Good morning"

"Morning" she says in a tired voice. She walks closer to me and smells. "Mmmmm... the bacon smells good"

I put all the bacon n a plate and separate the bacon before we eat.

"After we are done eating I will have to show you someone that has been in my family for years." I say.

"Your family? Don't you mean ours?" She says, confused.

"I don't consider any of you gies family anymore. I'm making my own" I say depressed.

"Aren't I your family?" She says curiously and depressed.

"Not like you used to" I pause. "But we could change that" I smile.

-Madison

I can tell that he is trying to say something about how he feels, he just doesn't know how to express it. He's blushing at me. I try to ignore it realized he's trying to stop. But then I blush. I finish my last piece of bacon and say:

"So what did you want to show me Jeff?"

"Come, follow" he says as he tugs on my arm directing me were to go. He pulls me to the back yard were there was a dog house.

"You have a dog?" I say, slightly shocked.

"Yep" he responds as a dog walks out of the dog house. But this dog had a human like smile, kinda creepy. It seems to be that everyone here have big smiles.

The dog walks towards me.

"his name is Smile Dog" Jeff tells me.

"I couldn't of guessed" I say sarcastically as I chuckle. I pet the dog a couple times as he smiles at me and winks.

"I think he likes you"

"He only smiles and winks at people he likes. But he smiles at people that he want to 'share his story' " he says, educationally.

-Jeff

I just showed Madison smile dog. This is a dangerous risk though. He could try to kill her.. But he seems to like her, Hopefully.

"Just don't always hang out with him, it can be dangerous" I whisper in Madison's ear hoping that smile dog didn't hear me. He starts to frown though, telling me he did.

"Damn never thought you could frown" I chuckle as I pet him a few times. He grins. I then tug on Madison's shoulder and pull her back inside through the back door.

"We will be back out later" I chuckle.