Chapter Twenty-Two (Edited)~

~~~~~ The Next Day, Morning ~~~~~

-Jeff

I wake up in the morning as my vision goes from black and slowly to it's normal clear. I get up and go into the bathroom. I looked at myself in the mirror and just stare intently at myself. I still don't understand this foreign feeling and I doubt I ever will. I start petting my cheek and feeling my leathery skin. I imagine the difference between mine and Madison's. Her skin is so soft.. And mine is so.. ruff.

I smile bigger at the thoughts of her. I put my hand on my chest and feel my heart beet faster than normal. I almost forgot about Jai-. I stop instantly and try to completely wipe that name from my mind. I can't think of her, she's gone now, Madison is still here.

I walked out of the bathroom and into the hall, going to Madison's door, knocking.

"Come in" she said, her voice strained.

I walked in and walked to her laying on the bed. I quickly noticed that the gashes from the seed eater had gotten worse... And there was more than I remember.

"Um.. Madison" I say awkwardly, I don't want to bring this up but I have to.

"Yeah?" she says confusion plastered on her face.

"Do you remember getting more gashes?" I ask her as I walk up to her and pet her gashed up cheek. Her face jumps back from the pain.
"It looks like you have more"

She quickly try's to stand up and goes to the bathroom. I follow her as I watch her pet her cheek.

"What.. The... Fuck...." she finally gasp out, her voice goes ice cold with her last word.

"Does it look like it? Or is it just me being" I paused.
"Paranoid" I say paranoid very lowly, like I don't want anyone to hear it but her.

"Well, your definitely not paranoid." she says looking at her face. She smiles. "It just adds to the new me" she chuckles. She pushes past me and walks into the hall, going into the kitchen.

She opens the fridge and gets a drink. She sits at the table and I sit across from her as she taking a sip every once in a while. I watch as the water trickles out of her carved smile and down her face.

"I think the seed eater came back, he wasn't lying when he said he would come back" I say fearing for Madison's safety.

"I can tell your scared for me in your voice" she says and I freeze.
"Don't be scared for me, like you said I'm tuff" she pauses.
"I can defend myself..." she says that like she doesn't want to defend herself, like she wants to be helpless.

-Madison

I feel like I was trying to feel helpless. I don't know why, but I did.

I see Jeff dazing off and I realize he's thinking about something. He starts to smile and silently laugh. Until he realizes I'm staring at him and he starts to blush slightly. He gets up and walks away to his bedroom and I follow him.

"Whatcha thinking about?" I say trying to cheer up the mood.

He starts to stare in space again. I tap on on the side of his head a couple times to stop his gaze.

"What?" he growls.

"What are you thinking about?" I ask trying to stay calm, I really don't appreciate him growling at me like that.

"N-Nothing"