Chapter Six

The next day, Vicky had some very important news for us. "Nuclea Cida's chest crystal has been cracked!" she said. 

One of the new kids spoke up. "Who's Nuclea Cida?" the kid asked.

"Well, gather 'round, kids, because it's story time." Vicky said.

"Back during the early days of this camp, we tried our hardest to make sure that Camp Arceus was as inconspicuous as possible so no one would attack us. But then, a daughter of Deoxys named Nuclea Cida came to this camp. Now, she was no ordinary Deoxys; she was a Shiny Deoxys, and as a result she was constantly tormented by the rest of the Deoxys cabin for being different. So one day, sick of all the torment she had suffered, she went into the deepest corridors beneath the camp, took a knife, and drove it into her heart. Arceus, however, looked down at this melancholy scene and decided to let her live...in another way. Instead of allowing her to die, he put her in a sleep-like state, allowing her to constantly emit energy that would make Camp Arceus invisible to purebloods, but still able to be seen by demi-legendaries. The next day, when the campers found her lying motionless on the floor, she was presumed dead, but Arceus informed them that she would be in said sleep-like state and emit said energy until her crystal is damaged. So they put her in a glass chamber so no one could touch her, and she is still there, keeping our camp safe."

"Now, since her crystal is only cracked, and not completely split in half, it's not TOO bad, but we should still be wary." Vicky said.

"In other news," she continued, "some half-Ultra Beasts from our rival camp, Camp Ultra, are coming to Camp Arceus for our annual kickball game, the Folkloric Face-Off! Last year, the game was held at their camp, which was on a small, out-of-the-way island in the Alolan Archipelago, and sadly, we lost. But this year, we're on home soil! There is no way those chumps can beat us now! Everybody say 'AW YEAH!'"

"AW YEAH!" we all exclaimed.

"Now, like always, let me go over the rules of the Folkloric Face-Off." Vicky announced. "First of all, no first-year campers can participate. Don't worry, first-years, you can all sit and watch, which is something you probably couldn't do last time, because, you know, it was in Alola, and it's much easier to send 20 kids on a boat to Alola than 138. Second, as I mentioned before, we will have 20 kids per team. Third, there will be 5 innings. Other than that, it's basically just kickball. But keep your 'using whatever powers your legendary parent gave you' to a minimum, okay? Okay. Now, who wants to be a part of the team?"

The diamond embedded in my chest began to tingle and glow. I knew that was my Dialga side wanting to take the challenge. So I stood up.

"I will!" I said.

"Great! We have a volunteer." Vicky said. "Anyone else?" Then some other people volunteered, among them Terrence, Roxy, Alice, Irene, Lucy, and the Golem twins. Paul and Kitty weren't allowed to volunteer, since they were first-years. Soon, we had our team of 20 kids.

"Okay, the teams are set for the game tomorrow!" Vicky exclaimed. "Now all we need is for the Camp Ultra kids to arrive." Then, we all heard a ship horn, and when we looked, we saw a boat on the horizon. "Oh! And here they come now!" Vicky said.

Then, the boat docked, and 20 kids stepped out. They were all wearing light blue T-shirts with a Beast Ball and the words "CAMP ULTRA" on them. Their leader was a man in a gray and green uniform and a military peaked cap. He had a carrying pack with a gun in it, and he carried a bamboo-stalk cane. 

"Major Tekkaguya!" Vicky said. "Welcome back to Camp Arceus! It's a pleasure to meet up with you again." 

"Pleasure to meet up with you too, Victoire." Major Tekkaguya replied. 

"Please, call me Vicky." Vicky replied.

"Very well then." Major Tekkaguya said. He turned to the Camp Ultra kids. "Thank Vicky for having us!" he ordered. 

"Sir! Yes, Sir!" the kids replied in unison. "THANK YOU, VICKY!" the kids all said. 

Vicky smiled. "You're welcome!" she exclaimed. "Now let's figure out where you guys are going to sleep..."