Chapter Twenty-Three

Once we landed at Stark Mountain, we saw Reggie, Kitty, Lucy, and Terrence. "Hey there, guys!" Lucy said. 

"Hello." I replied. "Now that we're all here in the same place, we can venture through Stark Mountain and find Heatran's Forge." 

"Okay then," Lucy said, as she got out some Max Repels from her bag. "Lemme just spray you guys with some Max Repels so we don't have Pokémon jumping out at us." She then sprayed us all with Max Repels, and we ventured into the cave.

As we were walking, I remembered something that happened last autumn, after I returned from Camp Arceus. My mother had told me that we would be expecting a special guest, so I got dressed in an elaborate blue and white dress with a matching bow. Then, I heard a knock on the door. I heard my mother open the door, and she communicated with the guest for a bit. Then she called me downstairs, and I descended down the stairs and saw who the guest really was.

It was Cynthia, the Champion of Sinnoh.

I was flustered. I knew my mother said we were expecting a special guest, but I didn't expect it to be the Champion herself!

"Hello, Diane." Cynthia said. "I have heard that you saved the world and stopped Dialga and Palkia from dueling to the death just a couple months ago. Is that true?" 

"Y-yes. That is true." I replied.

"Well, since I am very interested in mythology and legendary Pokémon, I would love to hear all about your adventures." Cynthia said to me. "So, how about the two of us sit down and have a chat?" 

"That sounds great." I said.

The two of us sat down, and we had a nice chat. "So, you're a child of Dialga?" she asked. 

"Yes." I replied. "In fact, I'm the only one at Camp Arceus." 

"Interesting. So your quest to stop Dialga and Palkia from fighting was rooted in familial love and a deep respect for your parents?" she asked me. 

"You could say that." I replied.

"So tell me more about your quest." she said to me. And I did just that. I told her all about my adventure, from the people who accompanied me to the things we had to do to get each of the six items to how amazing it felt to get my Pokémon form to my joyous reunion with my father to my showdown with Zeke atop Dragonspiral Tower. At the end of my story, Cynthia was clearly impressed. And at that moment, I truly felt like a hero.

Once I finished reflecting on that moment, we were already very close to Heatran's Forge. Then, we finally arrived at the room where Heatran was. 

"HEA-TRAAAAAAAAAN!" he roared. 

"Hello there, Heatran!" I said to him. "Can you take us to your forge?"

Heatran nodded and transformed into a human. "Okay, kids. Follow me." He opened a secret door, which led to his forge, and we walked in.

"Alright, now." he said. "Paul and Kitty, I have weapons and armor for you two." He pulled out a white trident with purple stripes on it. "Paul, I present you with the Trident of Space." he said, handing it to Paul. 

"Thank you ever so much." Paul said, bowing.

He then pulled out a pink bow with elaborate dark pink patterns on it and a quiver of arrows. "Kitty, I present you with the Mirage Bow." he said, handing it to Kitty. 

Kitty curtsied. "Thank you." she said. 

"Now," Heatran continued, "I have some armor for you two as well. They're in those changing rooms." He pointed to two rooms, and Paul and Kitty went inside them. 

After a while, they came out wearing their armor.

Paul was wearing a white helmet with a crest to resemble a Palkia and a white, purple, and grey suit of armor with Palkia-like gauntlets.

"You look amazing!" Gigi said.

"Thank you." Paul said.

Kitty was wearing a pink shirt with puffy sleeves and a white corset over it, a pink skirt with shorts underneath, long white socks, pink flats, and white gauntlets.

"Wait, but, that's like, nothing." I commented.

"Don't be so quick to assume, kiddo." Heatran replied. "This corset is reinforced with steel, and protects her internal organs. The gauntlets are also metal and they deflect arrows. The skirt has shorts underneath it for modesty's sake. And, well, she uses a bow, so it's not like she's going to be doing much more than shooting at people from a distance."

"Yeah. Not to mention that I twirl my finger around my skirt to calm myself down, and if I don't have a skirt to twirl my finger around, I become extremely irritable and cannot think straight." Kitty added.

"So, I guess we're all set." I said. Paul and Kitty both thanked Heatran for their weapons and armor, and we left Stark Mountain and returned to Camp Arceus to do battle.