001

"Good luck at school, darling. I love you!"

Mrs.Jung waved excitedly at her daughter with a wide smile spread across her face. Hyemin replied with a light nod, waving back at her mom. She could already feel her soul slowly leaving her body upon seeing the crowded school. She took a last look at the school before taking a deep breath and finally, walking into her new school.

"Teachers' staff room, huh?"

Hyemin muttered to herself softly and ruffled her hair, ignoring the fact that she'll gain weird looks from people around her because of her messy hair. She doesn't give lots of care about her hair. Combing it and tying it into a ponytail were all she needed to do.

"I swear if it weren't for dad's company I wouldn't have end up in- ahh!" Hyemin shrieked before painfully landed on the cold hard pavement. Falling on her butt on the first day of school?

Great.

"Ouch... that hur-"

"Geez, do you have any eyes?"

A voice questioned from above. The voice was someone high tone and annoying for Hyemin. She blew her bangs and glanced at the boy with the black hair who doesn't even lend a hand to help her stand up. Swearing under her breath, Hyemin helped herself up from the ground and patted her uniform. Giving the boy a last glance, Hyemin walked before him, ignoring the shouts and complains behind her.

"Hey! Leaving already? Without apologizing?"

Hyemin snickered, she does have eyes and she was actually looking at where she was going. The one who was at fault was the boy, as she swore the boy was piercing into the pavement's soul while he was walking.

"So, you're the new student right? Follow me, I'll lead you to your class."

The professor spoke, organizing the papers on his table. Giving the papers a light tap on the table to make them neat, he tucked them under his arms and walked out from the staffs' room with Hyemin following up behind like a lost puppy.

Hyemin shivered upon looking at the students in the school. They were all giving their dirty looks to her whenever she passed by. All the glares and stares were nothing to her, but the fact that she could smelled cigarettes in the school compound made gagged. In the very corner of the school, an unusual movement was spotted with her eagle-like vision. All she could do was gasped in silence when she noticed that two students were making out.

'What the hell is this school?' —was all Hyemin could thought about after the first 30 minutes of entering the school.

She was too deep in thought when the professor stopped walking. Hyemin tried to stop to avoid bumping into the professor's back. She swore she could feel her feet burning from the sudden stop.

"Here we are. Please wait here and come in when I ask you to."

Hyemin silently nodded upon his instructions. She tapped her feet impatiently with her arms folded, walking back and forth in front of the classroom. She was too nervous that she couldn't even keep still. Upon the sentence 'first impression is important' that her mom had remind her early this morning, she fixed her hair and tucked her uniform to make it neat, clearing her throat. She didn't want to choke in the middle of introducing herself.

"New student, come in."

The voice made Hyemin flinched slightly, she was too focused in fixing— well, almost everything. Her bag, her hair, her uniform, her socks, her shoes. Literally everything.

Hyemin took a deep breath before finally stepping in to the classroom. She could already feel her right side burning from all the gazes she was receiving. She could tell that the class was filled with rich kids upon entering the class. While she was nothing but just an ordinary broke girl who spent almost all her money on foods.

"Hyemin, are you listening?" The professor called out for more than two times to successfully brought Hyemin to the reality.

"Y-yes?" Hyemin responded with 'puzzled' written all over her face. She had the bad habit of daydreaming too deep that she couldn't hear what the people around her talked about. Even if they were just right beside her ears.

"Please introduce yourself," The professor repeated his words, tapping his pen lightly on his table.

Come on, Hyemin. You're the queen of introducing yourself. Maybe you should even tell the class that you used to eat 10 bowls of black bean noodles and finishing it with five burgers? How could was that?

The thoughts were lingering around her head and she slowly nodded with slight smile.

That's it, let's do the cool introduction.

"Hello, everyone. I'm Jung Hyemin, nice to meet you."

Hyemin nodded to herself after her introduction, satisfied with her own job.

That was pretty cool, Hyemin.

She thought it was all over, and that the introduction was nothing. First day of school wasn't bad, she thought. But she was too early to make the conclusion when she lifted her head up and her eyes met the sparkly black eyes from this morning, the eyes squinted at her, then his eyebrows lifted up, his mouth slowly parting before standing up from his seat, slamming the table and he lifted a hand that pointed right through her soul.

"Hey, rude girl!"