024

The sounds of 'good morning' echoed along the hall way as I made my way lazily to the classroom. It was just another day of school; except, he's not here anymore.

I pushed open the door of my classroom, the first thing I witnessed was students flipping through their notes and having mental breakdown. Of course, it was the final exam. They have to score a good mark in order to graduate and get out from this hell. Though, there will be another hell waiting right after high school: College.

I placed the thick notes (filled with index sticky notes popping out of every sides) on the table. Just a glance of the notes made me stressed enough.

Looking at the clock that was hanging on the wall, I nodded to myself. I had twenty more minutes before the exam starts. I flipped open the thick notes, hoping that everything will get into my brain even though this is a last minute revision.

"1956 was—"

"Morning to you too, ladies." –entered the voice that ruined the peaceful atmosphere of the classroom.

I lose my focus, and I knew I'm going to screw this exam up right at that moment.

"Jeon Jungkook, I swear." I pinched the bridge of my nose.

"Yes?" Jungkook tossed his bag on the chair.

"I heard you calling my name. Miss me that much? We just met yesterday." He winked.

No, girl. You can't punch people in here.

I pushed his face away and groaned, "Please, stay quiet for twenty minutes. I have to get a good score for this exam."

Jungkook leaned on the chair, if I fail this test, this is all his fault.

I didn't have that much of an expectation after Jungkook nodded and let me study. Five minutes after the silence, I felt the strands of my hair getting tugged one by one.

I took a deep breath, trying to search for the smallest amount of peacefulness among all these chaos. I have to pass this test.

"Hey, Jungkook."

I turned around, giving him my widest smile ever.

Jungkook rested his palm on his cheek, "Yes?"

"If you stay silent until the exam ends, I'll grant you a wish. What do you think?"

I swear, this plan better works.

3rd person POV

"Young man, over here!"

"Yes, sir!"

The boy with the worn out t-shirt dropped the box on the side and rushed over to his co-worker.

"Are you sure you're going to keep working? I mean, it's not wrong to earn money for your family, but you should at least finish your last year of school." The man handed the last and heaviest box to him.

"I don't think it suits me," he gripped on the box, "Studying, I mean."

"Alright, alright. Go home after this, I'll do the rest of the work."

"Thank you very much, sir! I'll be taking my leave after this."

xxx

The boy took off his gloves and placed it on the table before grabbing his worn out black bag and hung it over his shoulder. Pulling out his earphones from his pocket, he stuck them into his ears as he started to feel the rhythm, his hand moving. He looked at the evening sky and glanced at his watch, steam escaping his mouth as he exhaled.

He took a seat on the empty bench. Tapping his fingers on the blank space beside him, he started to mutter the lyrics that he has memorized from listening to the song too often. Way too often

When he was done, loud applause and cheers greeted him. He opened his eyes to see a group of boys surrounding him. He cocked a brow,

"What do you guys want?" he asked.

The blonde one spoke up, "We heard your rap. From the beginning till the end and you're quite skilled. Do you want to join our group?"

He was very straight forward, but that's what the young boy liked. A straight forward person.

"Your... group?"

"We're street performers, people call us buskers. Nothing fancy, but we're in need of a rapper for our latest song. What do you think?" The snapback boy suggested.

"Sure," he breathed, "Why not?"

The blonde smiled, reaching out his hand. "Suwoong, and you are?"

The boy then took out his hand from his pocket, shaking his hand firmly,

"Yoongi. Min Yoongi."