018

Colorless ceiling, quiet night— was what I saw and heard when I opened my eyes. How long had I fall asleep after that small fight with mom?

I slowly stood up from the bed, holding the desk to balance myself. One of the reason why I hate napping. It made me feel all dizzy and lost the moment I woke up.

"Mom?" I called out, walking from one corner to another. But there was no sign of her in the house.

I groaned, walking sloppily towards the refrigerator to gulp down a fresh and cold bottle of water.

"A note?" I muttered to myself, squinting my eyes as I pulled myself closer to the note.

I received a phone call from your aunt that grandma collapsed in the bathroom. I had to go see your grandma and stay there overnight. Take care of yourself, darling.

P.s. Heat the soup on the pot if you're hungry. I love you.

Hold on, if my memory wasn't tricking me again, dad announced that he would be gone for three days business trip in Jeju. Does that mean... I'm going to be home alone for two days? I could just hope that I'd still be alive when mom comes back home.

I shook my head and pulled out a refreshing water from the refrigerator, gulping down half of the content immediately. Strange how I'm always thirsty when I woke up from a nap. Tossing the bottle back into where it was before, I decided to take a warm bath and fill my stomach later.

No matter how ugly my mood was, empty stomach is a no no.

xxx

3rd person's POV

Yoongi grabbed his five years old bag and slung it over his shoulder, locking the door behind him and get ready for school. He was always the last one to leave in the morning, so he always had the keys with him.

"Why is it so damn cold today?" Yoongi whispered to himself, rubbing his hands together to produce some heat.

He had receive a text from Hyemin the night before, saying she won't be doing the project together with them. And he knew the reason. Even though Hyemin didn't mentioned in detail, he knew it. Yoongi knew the reason behind her mom's attitude. The feeling of guiltiness just surrounded him all over again.

The boy shook his head, trying to get the thought out of his head. Yoongi was still not used to this feeling.

They said time heals. Liars.

Time never heal his scar, all it did was rubbing the salt into his wound.

xxx

Yoongi set his bag on the chair carelessly and lay his head on the cold desk. It was that feeling he was craving for every time he let his cheek touch the desk. A surprising yet refreshing feeling that gave chills running down his spine.

It was these small things that made him happy.

"Aye, Suga hyung. Your house after school right?" Jungkook said the moment he stepped in to the classroom.

"Hyemin's not coming." Yoongi informed, gazing at the empty seat beside him.

"What? She didn't tell me about it." Jungkook felt deeply betrayed at the small information. He thought they were close, but why did Hyemin only told Yoongi about it, and not him?

"Did she tell you the reason why?"

"Personal reason..." Yoongi muttered and placed his palm on his cheeks, going back to his silent mode again.

xxx

"Come in."

Jungkook stepped into the house, gawking at every single things inside the house.

"Hyung, is this really your house?" Jungkook asked.

He was speechless. Yoongi's house was rather simple; far from Jungkook's expectation. A normal sized living room, normal sized kitchen. A few pictures hanging on the wall...

"Of course." Yoongi replied flatly, quietly making his way to the kitchen; deciding to make a cup of tea for Jungkook. The guest is king, after all.

Jungkook placed his bag on the sofa and looked around the frames attached on the wall. He raised a brow at a photo of a girl, who seemed younger than he was.

"Yoongi's younger sister?"

Jungkook shrugged and continued his own mini tour. He stopped in front of a door. After checking for Yoongi's presence, he slowly opened the door, welcoming himself into the room.

"This must be his room..." Jungkook muttered to himself.

Yoongi's room was just as simple as the living room, with an 88 note keyboard placed beside the door. Jungkook strolled over to his desk, in which he was attracted to a small piece of note on the desk.

My parents are still against our relationship... But don't worry! I'll find a way so we can meet each other again.

I miss you.

—HM, 2013.05.12

"HM? Is that an initial of the person who wrote this?"

Being a nosy person he was, Jungkook flipped the polaroid around. There in the polaroid was Yoongi in his natural black hair, beside him was a girl Jungkook knew very well.

No, someone he recognized too well to the point that he felt the world stopped for a moment.

"Jung... Hyemin?"

Clank. The sound of glass hitting the ground made Jungkook snapped out to reality. He turned around and glanced at Yoongi. He didn't want to believe his eyes. He hoped that his eyes were lying to him again. But no, they were telling the truth this time.

"Hyung, explain everything to me. Right now."