017

"E-Eh?"

"Get on my back. Seriously, do I have to repeat my words every time I talk to you?" Yoongi raised his voice and I was a little a bit taken aback by his reply. Seeing him expressing an emotion... was such an honor.

"O-okay." I replied and get on his back, carefully wrapping my arms around his neck; trying my best not to choke him.

xxx

He was quiet and I wasn't planning to start a conversation. If I were to talk to him, what kind of question would I ask him? Hey, at which salon did you bleach your hair? Or what do you think of that bird standing on top of the electric pole?

Whatever. Keeping quiet is the best option I had.

"Teenagers these days," A group of middle aged ladies walked pass us, clicking their tongue and looking at us with uncomfortable gazes.

I turned my head to the other side, embarrassed. He mentioned that his workplace wasn't far from school, but it felt as if we were walking all the way to the North Pole just to get his things.

I gasped, burying my face on the crook of his neck when two girls who were wearing our school's uniform were heading closer to our direction. My intention was just to hide my face from familiar faces, but somehow... Yoongi's perfume drew me closer to his neck. A minty perfume scent mixed with a faint smell of sweat, a scent of... a boy.

"Hyemin? Are you alright?" Yoongi turned his head a little, probably thinking what the heck was I doing, sticking my face to his neck. I hope he won't think of me as a pervert after this.

"Still alive and well..." I muttered.

"Here we are," Yoongi let out a heavy sigh, placing me on the ground slowly. I looked around, on top of the small café was a curvy neon sign that said 'Velvet Town'. A cute name for a cute café.

As we entered the café, a worker immediately approached us, leaning his side on the counter.

"Ooh, Min Suga. I see you finally found a girl. A cute one." The employee joked and winked at me playfully. I smiled and bowed. Manners is always important, no matter how creep out you are at the situation.

"Just ignore him." Yoongi said flatly and pointed at the empty table with two chairs, "Wait here. I'll be right back."

I waited for him, sitting there awkwardly while people are giving me looks. I wouldn't blame them. I mean, who wouldn't shot a curious look when they saw a girl covered with band-aids everywhere entered the cafe?

"So you're saying, you guys are just friends?" The weird employee came again, casually sitting down across me.

I shook my head softly, "We're just friends. Really."

"Oh, OK." The boy nodded, "I'm sorry if I creeped you out." Well, glad he noticed that.

"It's just that... It's his first time bringing a girl here." He smiled. "But really, I wonder how can he not fall in love with a pretty girl like yo-"

"Go back to your work." Yoongi appeared from who-knows-where, shoving the employee away.

"Gosh, Yoon- I mean Suga, you're no fun." He said and frowned, but his expression brighten again when a customer entered the cafe.

"Welcome!" he said cheerfully.

"He's cute..." I chuckled.

"You sure have a weird ideal type. Anyway, let's go. I've got my things."

xxx

"Thank you for today, really. If it wasn't for you, I would have limped all the way to home."

Yoongi shook his head, not saying anything. I guessed he was saying 'no problem'. At least that was what I thought.

"Oh, here." Yoongi stopped me before I had the chance to open the gates. Yoongi lifted a plastic bag, which I assumed was from his workplace when I noticed the café's logo printed clearly on the plastic bag.

"I got these from the bakers. They're freshly baked bread, come to our café often." Yoongi stated, his face giving no emotion.

Honestly, if he was in charge of promoting the café, I could imagine how badly he would fail because of his indifferent face. But because I'm Hyemin, I, who wanted to know more about Min Yoongi, I'd gladly visit the café whenever.

"Of course, thank you for these!" I took the bag from his hand.

"Jung Hyemin! Come in quickly." Mom shouted from behind.

Mom was standing behind the gates, staring at me with her two huge and round eyes. Her eyes desperately asking me to get inside the house.

"Wait, mom. At least say hello to my—"

"Get inside right now." Mom pulled me into the house and slammed the gates behind her.

xxx

"Mom? What are you doing in front of my friend?" I shouted in disbelief.

She was known to be very friendly with whoever I was friends with. But today, she was just not behaving like her usual self.

"Hyemin, listen to me. Don't hang out with that boy ever again. Do it mom, okay?" Mom's eyes turned bloodshot red. Which freaked me out. What the hell is happening?

"No, I'm not okay. I'm not okay unless you tell me the reason why I shouldn't see Yoongi again."

"I can't, darling. I'm sorry. Will you tell me what happened to all these band-aids now?" Mom pointed out at the bruises, finally noticing them.

I shook my head, "I just trip and fell. That's it."

I stormed towards my room and locked the door. No, I'm not going to open the door no matter how loud she shouted or how hard she bang on the door. Not until she tell me the reason why.

Asking me to stop hanging out with Yoongi without any reason was just... not right.

I fell flat on my bed, staring at the plastic of breads Yoongi gave me.

Yoongi, too. Something was not right with him when he saw mom. His face, his expression... There was definitely something going on. Something that... Only I don't know.