019

"It was a year ago when everything started." Yoongi exhaled.

There was no point hiding the past from Jungkook anymore. He was tired of telling too much lies anyway.

"Min Yoongi! Are you even listening to what I'm saying?" Hyemin stopped walking and grabbed Yoongi by the arm to gain his attention.

"O-Oh?"

Hyemin pinched his cheek softly, shaking her head. "You need to fix that day dreaming habit of yours. I said, should we go to the beach on the weekend?"

Yoongi nodded, agreeing to everything Hyemin said. How could he reject those eyes that look at him whenever she spoke?

"Of course, anything you wish."

The relationship was a lie. They knew they won't be able to last long when Hyemin's parents were against their relationship. Even so, they wanted to believe that everything will be alright.

Everything... will be alright. Not.

xxx

"Ow! Let me go!" Hyemin struggled to break free from Rebecca's grip.

"Did you have fun watching us getting punished by Mrs. Park? I clearly told you to finish that fucking homework before History class starts, didn't I?" Hyo In spat on Hyemin's face.

Hyemin yelped when her back slammed against the railing. The girls weren't leaving her anytime soon, looking from their unsatisfied expression. Her trembling hands reached for the railing, supporting her balance.

"One more mistake," Rebecca stepped forward, "and see what I'm going to do with your little boyfriend—"

"AGH!"

Hyemin screamed hysterically. One second, she was facing the terrifying girls. The other second, she was falling. Falling... In an incredibly fast speed.

"Fuck, n-no one seen this. Alright?" Rebecca trembled in fear, looking around the rooftop.

"What... the fuck have you two done?"

Hyo In gasped in horror, her body giving up on herself. "Yoongi..."

xxx

Three hours, three days, three weeks. It took her three weeks to gain her consciousness. It took her three weeks to lose all her memories. Three weeks to forget about Min Yoongi.

"Yoongi, I'm sure you've heard about Hyemin."

Mr. Jung and Mrs. Jung paid a sudden visit to Yoongi's house. Thankfully, his dad weren't home at that hour.

"Yes, of course. How is her condition right now?" Yoongi questioned carefully, his head hung low.

Their sudden visit had brought enough shock to him, and he was sure they didn't come to just sit down on the sofa and have a sweet talk with him. Considering how Hyemin's parents didn't like him that much.

"Here..." Mrs. Jung took out an envelope and placed it on his hand. "It's not that much, but please. Take it and leave our daughter. For her sake."

Yoongi wasn't surprise. He knew that they would take advantage of Hyemin's memory loss and make him leave her. But then again, why was he starting to sweat and fidget on his seat uncomfortably?

"We know you're a good man, it's just that... You're related to—"

"I understand." Yoongi didn't let Mr. Jung finish his sentence. Yoongi knew exactly what he was going to say. But to hear that directly from other person's mouth were too much for him.

To hear from other people that he was related to dangerous loan sharks hurt his pride badly. Though, he was related to them because of his reduced circumstance. Ever since his dad gave up on his job and became an alcoholic.

"But can you please give me some time to think about this?"

"Of course. We'll be waiting for your reply, Yoongi."