025

The exam ended and I could finally, finally breath without having to worry about exams ever again. I regretted not going through the notes more, but as I said, the blame was on Jungkook.

The moment the bell went off and the papers were taken, Jungkook shot me a concerned look on his face along with a disappointed head shake. I smiled in satisfaction. Hah, that's what he get for bothering someone who was trying to study.

So then I thought hell was finally over and I could finally sleep peacefully.

I thought.

"Cinderella," said Mrs. Park, "is what you all will be performing on D-Day."

The whole class chattered at once upon the announcement. Cinderella, really. For people who will be graduating in few months?

Everyone was arguing over the childish idea. Heck, I didn't even care about what roles, I just wanted to go home and sleep. Actually, I did care. Deep inside I was BEGGING Mrs. Park to give me a role of the useless rock in the corner of the stage.

"No more complains! We will decide on the characters now!" Mrs. Park spoke and slammed two boxes that separate the girls' and boys' roles on the table.

She tapped her hand on the table repeatedly, "Pick any random paper, no peeking. You have three seconds. Quick, quick!"

Mrs. Park was THAT impatient. Probably way more impatient than the person I know.

I fiddled with the hem of my shirt. I stuck my head out from the line time to time, just to check the remaining people.

Three more girls until my turn.

You can do it, Hyemin. No important characters, and we're good to go!

I took a deep breath when Jungkook passed by, looking at the paper. He turned his head and noticed me, then show the paper to me.

"Be my Cinderella." he winked and walked back to his seat.

Jungkook got himself the prince role, which I guessed most girls would die just to get that Cinderella role. Whatever, that had nothing to do with me.

After waiting for quite a while, it was finally my turn. I exhaled and stuck my hand into the box before pulling it out together with a piece of paper. Before Mrs. Park nag at me for standing at the line for too long, I hopped my way out of the line and sat down on the chair.

Please please please.

I chanted and unfold the paper.

Drizella

It said. Now, now. I'm glad that I didn't get the main role. But still, the step sisters have quite many lines.

I was about to stand up from my seat and ask if I could switch for the rock role. But before I could do anything, Mrs. Park slammed a pile of papers on the table.

"Now, since everyone has get their roles, we'll have a characters check before I distribute the Script." She ordered.

Mrs. Park started to call out the characters one by one and Jungkook was frowning throughout the whole character check. After Mrs. Park finished checking the characters, Jungkook raised his hand. What is he up to this time?

"Ma'am, I want to change my role." He said, making the whole class gasped in surprised.

"What are you talking about? You want to change such an important role?" Mrs .Park raised an eyebrow, folding her arms as she wait for Jungkook's explanation.

"The prince can't marry a princess he don't like, don't you think so?" Jungkook rested his cheek on his palm, fixing his eyes on me.

I snorted, shaking my head. Where did he learn that line from?

"What are you talking about?"

Poor Mrs. Park, Jungkook just made her all confused with that cheesy statement.

"Change the Cinderella role," Jungkook announced shamelessly.

"To her." He pointed right at me, "Jung Hyemin."