031

Hyemin's POV

Silence. All that was heard was silence. Jungkook has his head hung low after he warned me about Subin. I was confused and his rude attitude from before infuriated me. He didn't told me the reason why Subin was dangerous and I didn't wanted to ask him anymore as I witnessed anxious and fear mixed into one on his face. I bit my lips, not knowing what to do. I couldn't just jump into conclusion without knowing what happened between Jungkook and her. So instead of asking him more questions, I slipped my fingers to his, interwining them. He was startled by my action, but I just smiled at him and gave his hand a little squeeze.

"Let's go home, should we?"

I wasn't expecting Jungkook to obey what I just told him when he nodded his head, his eyes still on the ground. I sighed and gave a faint smile at him before pulling him with me, heading to my house. I had his hand on mine for the whole time, and he didn't complained. Instead, he gripped on it tightly from time to time and I could just looked at him in worry. This was the first time seeing Jungkook behaving this way.

As we arrived home, mom took her handbag as she rushed towards the shoes rack, pulling out a pair of red high heels from it and putting it on in a rush.

"Hyemin, I have an appointment with my friends so please look after the house and take care of our guest too, alright? If you're hungry, there are still some ramen left in the refrigerator. I'll be taking my leave now."

Mom gave a smile, to which I suppose was for Jungkook. Though, I didn't complained when she shot me a glare instead of a motherly smile that she gave to Jungkook.

Few minutes after mom has left, I laid down on my bed while Jungkook was resting on the couch, reading a random book that he got from the bookshelf. Again, the air was filled with silence. I was reminded of that look Jungkook has back in the park. I shook my head, trying to throw the thoughts of my head. But curiosity won as the words that I shouldn't spoke slipped out of my mouth.

"How is Subin dangerous?"

I realized that I shouldn't have asked him about it as it seemed like a sensitive topic for him. Jungkook was silent, I heard him placing the book on the couch and sat on the corner of the bed, his back facing me.

"Subin, she's not as kind as you think of. She's evil, she's a witch, she's- she destroyed my trust for her and break me apart."

I stayed silent, feeling guilty for asking such question. And for a moment I thought I heard a sobbing. I gripped on my bed sheet, is he crying?

Slowly, I crawled towards him and sat myself beside him. I couldn't say anything even if I wanted to. It was as if a knife has just strucked on my throat, preventing me to speak. I glanced at Jungkook. His face was buried in his hand and his elbow rested on his knees. I didn't know what he ment by her breaking him apart. Would it be that they used to date or some unwanted accident happened, all that didn't matter right now as seeing Jungkook being this way ripped my heart apart.

I pulled Jungkook closer to me, resting his head on my shoulder. The tear drops that fell on my jacket, I could feel it. It hurts me listening to his cries. I desperately wanted the happy Jungkook back. I hated this air of melancholy that surrounded him instead of happiness. I might be greedy for wanting that, since I knew that everyone has a dark past that they wanted to erase and it was impossible for them to be happy 24/7.

I had Jungkook crying on my shoulder for 15 minutes before he finally calmed down and suggested that he'd better go back home. At first, I refused to send him home considering the state he was in right now. But after him pleading me for a while and telling me that he was all fine now, I reluctantly agreed to his words. I watched him as he left my house, I couldn't stand watching his lonely back. Just what the hell did Subin did that made Jungkook behaved this way?

xxx

3rd person POV

Jungkook entered his bedroom without sparing a look at Subin who watched him as he entered his bedroom and closing the door with a loud bang. Subin sighed as she flipped through her magazine.

I understand if you can't forgive me for what I did. But I just want you to at least listen to what I had go through that night.

Subin thought.

Hours and hours passed until it was time for dinner. Subin looked at the types of dishes served on the dining table, satiesfied at her own work. She wiped her hands on her towel and headed to Jungkook's room, knocking on the door for several times.

"Jungkook, come out and have a dinner."

No reply. Subin wasn't surprised by this. Instead, she continued what she was doing until the door opened, revealing an exasperated Jungkook.

"I've prepared something for dinner so come and-"

Jungkook gripped on her wrist tightly, glaring at her as he gritted his teeth. He has enough of all the things she has done.

"Listen, I dont care about you living under the same roof as me as long as you don't disturb me. But if you don't have the thought of leaving me alone, I suggest that you leave this house. But if you're not leaving, I'll be the one who leave. As easy as that."

Jungkook pulled himself away from Subin, giving her a disgusted look before storming out of the house.

xxx

Hyemin's Pov

"Good job today, everyone. You're all dismissed."

I stretched my arms, causing an unwanted noise as everyone turned to look at me with this weird look on their face. I gave everyone a sheepish smile, bowing at them and dismissed them.

Today was the second day of practicing for the play. Though, instead of script reading, we were doing actual acting. I had to say that my acting was terrible, but Mr.Park has this proud look on his face for the whole time, nodding his head at each and every line I said.

"Jungkook, Hyemin. Come here."

Mr. Park motioned the both of us to see him. I gulped, I knew it. I knew that my acting was terrible and Mr.Park was just going to compare at how terrible my acting was compared to Jungkook's. Though, I had no complain as me myself admitted that Jungkook's acting was outstanding.

"Good job, both of you. I was glad that I swapped the roles and gave the role of Cinderella to you, Hyemin. You did a great job at acting as the character."

He smiled proudly at the both of us as the sound of his claps echoed through the room.

"Oh, and I like the chemisty between the both of you. It was as if the both of you were really in love."

I choked on my salive at his statement. After calming down, I apologized for ruining the moment. After a few more flattering compliments from Mr. Park, he finally dismissed the both of us.

Both Jungkook and me walked in silence after the practice. Non of us were talking, and non of us were trying to break the ice at all. And the silence followed us till I arrived in front of my house. I gave Jungkook a look when I saw that he wasn't moving an inch.

"Oh, come in and have some tea...."

I suggested out of nowhere. Perhaps I didn't want to see him leave that quickly... Jungkook nodded at my suggestion. And I thought that I've seen a sly grin spreaded across his face. It was just for a moment. But it gave me chills. I guess I was just too tired from the loads of works for the end of year ceremony.

I opened the door to my house after knocking it for a few times. The first thing that greeted me was boxes and luggages. I stared at them in horror and then shifted my gaze towards Jungkook who was grinning from ear to ear.

"I'm moving in to your house."