Chapter Two: A New World

Emerald Forest...
Austin's POV

Austin: Ghost, can I get a-.

Ghost: Already on it.

Letting Ghost out, I watched as he scanned the creature multiple times before it began disintegrating.

And it's disappearing.

Ghost: They appear to be created out of the darkness at it's purest form.

!

Ghost: There is a possible correlation between them and the Hive.

Austin: Oh boy, let's hope not.

I looked around me to see only foliage.

Austin: So... Where do we go from here?

Ghost: I say we head north.

Ok.

Ghost: And before you ask, you're facing south now.

Austin: Well let's head out that way then, Mr. Smarty Pants.

A Few Hours Later...

Anything, yet?

Ghost: As far as I can tell, no.

I headed north for what felt like forever till we stumbled upon a town of sorts. The broken moon looked down upon us as we walked down the seemingly abandoned streets. There, we noticed a shop, still opened to the public, to my own surprise. Ghost and I discussed about the town as we approached the lit shop.

Austin: This place... it reminds me of the old pictures of Earth, before the Golden Age.

Ghost came out from my head, hovering over my shoulder like a pet bird.

Ghost: At least humanity survived the Great War on this planet.

Austin: I know. It looks untouched. Did you ever find a name for this planet?

Ghost: Based on the signs we passed, the humans here named the planet Remn-.

We saw one of the front windows shatter. A young lady in red came crashing out the building with a man in a tuxedo.

Huh?

A group of similarly dressed men and who I can only guess is their leader. The two spoke, though I couldn't quite understand the conversation from the distance. I ran up to the lady wondering what the hell was going on.

Austin: What's going on here?

???: Get the girl. And kill him as well.

Wow. Already making friends.

Ghost went back into my head, talking to me within.

Ghost: Well. So much for peace.

It's not like I didn't try.

They didn't seem that well armed anyway, so I put away Red Death. By well armed, I meant just clubs, knives, and small caliber sidearms.

Ghost. Striker subclass.

Ghost: Striker subclass active. Show them what Lord Shaxx taught ya.

A surge of electricity emerged from my fists as I cracked my knuckles.

Right.
From Dust Till Dawn...
Vale...
Ruby's POV

As I got out Cresent Rose, I noticed a man in a huge white armor  coming out of nowhere and knocking down one of Roman's goons into the ground unconscious, using his shoulder. The man just kept punching each of the men, one by one. Throughout the fight, I heard arms, legs, and I think one of their ribs cracking to his armor's metallic fists.