Chapter Twenty-Four: The Cosmodrome

Ruby's POV

We got off his ship to see what Earth was like. It looked a lot like Remnant and I mean A LOT. Austin just stood there as surprised as we were.

Ghost: The Cosmodrome. A memorial to humanity. You think we'll ever take this back.

Austin: I hope so Ghost.

He didn't sound confident. Javala spoke to the three of us.

Javala: There's been a Warsat that is currently being occupied by the Fallen. We need that Warsat back in our possession before they take it for scrap.

Austin: Got it. Girls. It's time to show you how to summon your Sparrows.

Sparrow? Wait are we riding on birds?

Ghost: Summer. Raven. Here we go.

The three Ghosts scanned their own odd looking vehicles. One was black with lighting coming out of its front. Another was yellow and black and the last one one was red and black. They look like the bumblebee but with no wheels.

Summer: Hop on Ruby.

I hopped on the black and red one while Yang got on the yellow and black one. All I saw were handlebars. Uhh. What?

Austin: Its like driving a bike.

Yang: Oh.

Yang took off driving around us while he stood there teaching me how to drive it.

Austin: Think you got it Ruby?

Ruby: Yea-.

I accidentally took off panicking at first. It was actually pretty fun. We followed him to an area Summer called the Rocketyard. Weird looking ships lay all over the place as we approach a satellite. Austin motions us to stop.

Yang: What's going on?

Austin: Fallen. 5 of them.

He pointed ahead as we saw wierd looking aliens with 4 arms and knives. One of them had 6 arms and were a lot bigger than the rest.

Yang: Can we?

Austin just nodded as she ran towards the Fallen. She punched the smaller ones to death as I joined her to take out the bigger one with ease. He thwn approached us.

Austin: Alright Ruby. Have Summer scan the Warsat.

Ruby: Okay. Summer.

Summer: Hold out your hand Ruby.

I held out my hand as Summer popped out on my hand and hovered to the warsat and scanned it.

Austin: Get ready for more of them.

As he said that a ship shot at us. We took cover As Austin lit himself on fire and threw hammers at the horde and destroyed them all. He extinguished himself and sat as Yang and I took care of the rest.

Summer: Warsat scanned. Sending data to Cayde.

Cayde came through Summer.

Cayde: Nice job Red.

Ruby: Thanks.

Cayde: It's getting late Guardians. Get some rest. We got a strike for you three tomorrow.

Austin: Doesn't Javala give those out?

Cayde: Shh. What he doesn't know won't kill him.

Austin: You sending us on the Dreadnaught again?

Cayde: I learned from that Titan. Besides Ikora knows about it.

Austin: Alright Cayde. Take care.