Chapter Thirty-Two: Walls Mean Nothing

Austin's POV

The 8 of us began to look around at our surroundings, noticing the lack of land, if any at all.

Jaune: Did I ever tell you all that I have a fear of heights?

Ruby: No, but we can help you overcome it.

Jaune: How?

Ren: Don't look down.

While they had a conversation among themselves, I spoke to Sloane and Zavala through Ghost.

Austin: Where are you guys at?

Sloane: That's not important right now. If we're going to secure this moon, we'll have to get the place up and running. There's a fleet to prep, Lightless Guardians to arm, and a ton of intercepted Red Legion messages to decrypt. It's critical to get access to the Control Center. That's where you all come in.

Austin: Fight our way to the Control Center, got it.

I began reloading my weapons as the others made their way to me.

Austin: Weapons free. See anything dark, shoot it, slice it, smash it, I don't care. Just kill it. Oh and Jaune.

Jaune: Huh?

I slid the sidearm from the Tower towards him.

Austin: Just in case.

He picked it up and searched himself for a place to put it before placing it in his pocket.

Sloane: If you really do have the Light, send the Hive back to hell.

Yang: Got that right.

As Ruby, Yang, and I received the coordinates, everyone began to walk towards it. The moon itself tilted a bit as a shipping container fell into the water below. Nora ran towards it, looking down as she watched it fall.

Nora: 1...2...3...4...5.

The container hit the water.

Ren: 5 seconds of freefall.

Austin: Best bet is to stay on the platform.

Weiss: You don't say?

('-')  (-_-)

Ruby: Hey Commander....Zavala right? What was this place?

Zavala spoke through Summer.

Zavala:  The Golden Age Cities of Titan were once the pride of humanity. We thought they were abandoned. I was a fool to think the Hive would not have spread so far.

Oh just a little bit.

We continued to carefully walk till we entered what looked like an abandoned oil rig. The barely lit rooms were filled with bones as we walked pass it all. We turned the corner into a dark corridor, the three Ghosts provided light as Blake spoke, her ears twitching as she whispered.