Chapter Thirty-Seven: Thumos The Unbroken

Austin's POV

Ghost: Here we go! We're in the carrier.

Zavala: The key codes to his ship is onboard that carrier. Take it in any way necessary.

Oh we will.

Zavala: Hawthorne had a run in with him while you were off planet.

Hawthorne: They're known as the Blood Guard for a reason. I'd say be careful out there, but...

Ruby: Yeah, he won't.

Zavala: Storm the command deck and bring him down.

I ran into an open room, a few Legionaires guarded the place as well as a tank.

Ghost: It must be a Cabal thing to have tanks indoors.

Only the Cabal...

I ran towards a crate as machine gun bullets chased me, diving into cover as I aimed for the legs. A few clips of the pulse rifle later, I managed to bring it down, exposing it's engine to cool itself down. A few more clips into it blew up the tank for good.

Ghost: I still don't understand how shooting their legs while the engine is cooling makes them immune.

Logic be damned.

I ran through the room, shoulder charging the Psion and Legionaires that stood in my way.

Hawthorne: Careful out there Titan. The team I lost to Thumos. They were good people- some of my best men and women.

Zavala: Our Guardian can handle it. It's what we do.

Hawthorne: It's what you did. Last I checked, without the light- you and me? Not so different.

I continued to run through the base, entering a hangar.

Ghost: Were in the hangar.

Hawthorne: Thumos will know you're coming. Expect a welcoming party.

Nora: Someone say party!?

Shaxx: Focus on your aiming Ms Valkyrie!

Hawthorne: Oh my god....

Austin: We got what you meant.

So....Any of these ships belong to Thumos?

Ghost: I don't think so. Commander Zavala would say if it was.

I slowly made my way through it, taking down everything I could till I saw a Blood Guard.

Ghost: Blood Guard!

Centurion!

Ghost: Blood Guard Centurion!

I grabbed the Broadsword from my back and jumped, avoiding the Guard's flamethrower. As I hovered above it, I slammed the sword down on top of it, breaking it's shield and further pissing it off. I continued to hack and slash it, killing it with only minor burns to the armor. I used it's cloth to clean the blood off the sword as I continued.

Ghost: Well he just got....barbecued.

Did you...

Ghost: Yep.

No comment.

I ran through a vent into the second hangar, landing in the middle of the open room. Phalanxes, Legionaires, Psions,Centurions, you named it, there were a lot of each in the room as they aimed their guns at me. Threshers aimed their guns from the air as well, further complicating things.