Chapter Fifty-Seven: An Uneasy Alliance

The Tangled Shore...
Austin's POV

Treking across the Tangled shore, we found ourselves at the coordinates Petra gave us: In front  of an abandoned colony ship. As we approached the doors, they locked us out. In that moment, a dark blue cloud of smoke took form behind us, pinning us as several more of the Fallen were summoned.

 In that moment, a dark blue cloud of smoke took form behind us, pinning us as several more of the Fallen were summoned

Weiss: I'm starting to wonder if we should even be here.

Austin: We shouldn't. Now get behind me.

Ruby: Wait!

Hmm?

She stood in front of us all, toward the Fallen ahead.

Austin: Ruby?

Extending Crescent Rose, she enveloped herself in Arc light. Spinning her giant scythe in front of her like a fan, she began deflecting their bullets back at them, pretty much killing themselves. With only a little bit left, the young girl swung her scythe around horizontally, all the while firing off the weapon's sniper rifle rounds at the remaining bunch in rapid succession.

An eyebrow raised, I showed my confusion underneath the one eyed mask. The others in the group showed their own more prominently, with the exception of her sister.

Austin: Where did you learn to do that?

The Arc light now gone, she returned to her normal self.

Ruby: Oh! Lady Efrideet showed me how to do that.

Of course she did.

Ren: Huh.

As the last of them were killed off, the metallic doors behind us opened up. Entering inside, Petra began talking to us all via Ghost as we shot our way through.

Petra: I'm sending you some backup.

Ruby: Neat.

Petra: Please... don't shoot the backup.

Yang: Wait... why would we shoot the backup?

Seeing another one of the odd Dregs, I aimed the Last Word at it, only for it to explode from a Scorch Cannon fireball. Looking ahead, a spiky, porcupine-like Vandal stood, making an odd gesture at us as everyone began to aim their guns at it.

 Looking ahead, a spiky, porcupine-like Vandal stood, making an odd gesture at us as everyone began to aim their guns at it