Chapter Twenty-Seven: We're Going Back

Austin's POV

I felt the Light within me once again, but in a new form. A familiar, yet new, sense of power within the Void.

Ghost: Glad to see you back Titan.

Glad to have it back too.

Yang: Okay.....MY TURN!

She immediately touched the crack, the same effects happened to her with Solar Light instead of Void. The two of us talked while Ruby was getting her light back.

Yang: That was.....a bit terrifying.

Austin: Saw your life before your very eyes?

Yang: Yeah.

Austin: I did too and I'm sure Ruby will as well.

Yang: Austin?

Austin: Yeah?

Yang: Even with our light, will we still be able to stop him?

I stopped at that. It was hard to think just the three of us would be able to stop the Red Legion on our own. Who's to say he won't just drain our light again?

Austin: No.....we won't. It's not enough.

Ruby was testing out her new power. The power of the Arc Light on a few Fallen Dregs.

Yang: Then......how?

I thought about a few options, some just downright stupid. In the end, I had a bit of a plan in place, though everything had to go accordingly.

Austin: We assemble an army.

Ruby finished and approached the two of us, clearly listening to it all.

Ruby: Does this planet have enough for an army?

Austin: Yes and no. It has the people, but they need the strong and dependable leaders who can guide them to victory.

Ruby: Ok. So we're going after the Vanguard then?

Austin: No. Not yet.

Yang: Wait a minute.

She was getting the idea.

Yang: Are you suggesting that we-?

I nodded.

Austin: Yes love. We need all the help we can get.

Ruby: What?

Yang: You know one isn't too social and the other one can be stuck up sometimes, right?

Austin: No different than the Vanguard at times.

Ruby: What's are you two talking about!?

Austin: We're going back to Remnant. To pick up the others.

Ruby: What!?

Austin: Yeah.

30 minutes of walking back later...

We entered the small ship again, flipping switches and pressing buttons to begin take off.

Ruby: Finally! I was beginning to get homesick.

Yang: It'd be nice to see Blake and Weiss again.

Austin: I know. I miss them too.

Ruby: Like a family.

I smiled under the helmet as she said that.

It sure feels like one.

In a blink if an eye, we took off into the atmosphere, reaching the depths of space. We stayed in orbit as I looked for Remnant on the radar.