Chapter Twelve: White Fang

One Week Later...
Austin's POV

The past week has been an odd one at best. Beating up CRDL in the combat arena badly again, Then Jaune proving his worth as a leader,and no longer being Cardin's puppet. I'm dating Yang. And I finally managed to convince Weiss to use some dust for the Last Word for elemental ammunition. A bit more confident, I wore a plain black tank top, mostly after several demands by Yang herself. It was either that, or it was go shirtless... I chose the former.

We were walking through Vale as people began hanging up decorations around town. It made Weiss much happier than normal. Almost a little too happy.

Weiss: I can't believe the Vytal Festival is finally coming!

Ruby: I don't think I've ever seen you smile so much Weiss.

I agree to that.

Weiss: How could you not smile? A festival for the different cultures of the world. There'll be rides, food, a tournament. The amount of organization is just breath taking!

Yang: You really know how to take a good thing and make it boring.

Note to self: never tell Weiss about the Dawning or even the Festival of the Lost.

Ghost: Especially the Festival of the Lost.

Weiss: Quiet, you.

Austin: And she's back.

Yang: Remind me why were spending our Friday afternoon at the stupid docks?

Ruby: Eww. Smells like fish.

You don't say?

Austin: It's supposed to smell like that.

Weiss: I heard the students from New Haven will be here today by boat, and I feel as a representative that we welcome them to our fine kingdom.

Where was my welcome when I landed here? All that happened was I almost got bit by a Beowulf.

Austin: You're not exactly the welcoming type, so what's really going on?

Blake: She wants to spy on the other students so she can have the upper hand in the tournament.

Austin: And there it is.

Weiss: You can't prove that.

Ruby noticed a store with police officers all over the place. When we approached the site, turned out the place was robbed.

Yang: That's terrible.

We overheard them talking about the amount of dust stolen and the possibility of the White Fang being involved.

Weiss: The White Fang. What an awful bunch of degenerates.

That seemed to have gotten Blake's attention.