Chapter 19

Hero and Markus were returning from a meeting. They finally finished the battle plans to go to the next village. After settling the East, South and Middle parts of Minecraftia, they would finally venture onto the North, where they would take down the last and strongest of Russian soldiers in Minecraftia's largest settlement. Over 50,000 families live there and usually in each village there were only about 1000 to 3000.

Slowly, people were starting to join, and Hero was given the difficult task of training and teaching them. Markus was always busy with planning, and Kaleb was absolutely everywhere. Darryl was busy with medical care and Hero was stuck in front a crowd of a few villagers. He was always the one being trained, not training others. He had no idea where to start.

Women had joined, and Hero was a little happy they broke the stereotype. It took a lot of persuasion, charm and even more flirting to get Kaleb to agree. Some of the women there look much stronger and intimidating that some of his bigger friends.

Apparently the trainees knew basic hand-to-hand combat, so he taught them how to handle a sword and how to take care of it. Nearly everyone were getting the hang of it but he had to guide a few. He noticed when everyone's eyes started drooping and he sent them off to rest. But no before shouting his orders on where and when they should report for their next training.

He wasn't one to shout, but he had no idea why he did. He felt like it was necessary. People did perk up and actually pay attention when he raised his voice. Some people hurried out of his sight, but he didn't really feel affected.

••••••Six Months Later••••••

"Good job, everyone. Some of you were late today and I don't want any of that tomorrow. The day after that will be the day we'll conquer the North and bring Minecraftia back on her feet. That clear?"

Choruses of 'yes, sir' were heard loud enough so Hero was satisfied. With a flick of his hand, he dismissed the new troops. As he was walking back to his tent, he felt arms snake around his shoulder blades and raised his head to frown at Kaleb.

"You needed something?"

Kaleb shook his head and just rested his chin on Hero's hair. He gave a throaty laugh and Hero could feel the vibration of his throat on the back of his head. "You were excellent, my friend. Interesting to see someone with a pretty face shouting and barking orders to bigger and stronger people."

Hero scoffed and moved away from the Brit's grip, letting him stumble a bit. He swerved around and folded his arms. "Why did you actually wait for me?"

Kaleb sighed and said, "You've proven everyone wrong, Hero. Your strength and speed makes up for your frame and I'm just... Amazed."

"So you're here to compliment me?"

Kaleb shook his head and smiled softly. "No, I just want to tell you my plans should everything go well."

Hero froze and sighed. He grabbed Kaleb harshly by the arm and pulled them behind some trees. Hero leaned against the tree and cocked his head, ready to listen to Kaleb.

"Y'see, once we take down the Russian leader, we can force him to sign Minecraftia over to us. But the country needs a leader."

Hero felt like he knew where this was going.

"I've spoken to your brother about this... He's the smartest and most responsible here. He agreed to take Minecraftia as a king, a lord. Lead her. But he can't lead on his own."

Hero smiled softly to himself. He was proud. He taught Markus everything he knew and Markus did everything else by himself. Learning by observing and experience. Now, he would lead a powerful and huge country. No one really cared about age or gender. As long as people saw you fit, you were given the role. And every village they went to, anyone who had a question went to Markus. He wasn't surprised he was given the role.