Happy Mother's Day

I put his short here because this short is based around the little family at the beginning of the story. If you'd like, once the next chapter is posted I can move this to another book.

I know I'm a little late but enjoy while the next chapter is being written.

This takes place 3 years after the last chapter of Inherited.

That day of the year where Hero's female soldiers cry when they receive letters and gifts from their loved ones. Where his soldiers and anyone who worked in the castle sent letters to their mothers. Where Hero had to comfort a sobbing emotional Steve who was trying to write the perfect letter to his mother.

It was also the day where Lord Jeb and Hero did not write to anyone. Lord Jeb, however, did go over and hug his general to mutter a thank you. He also told him that Hero had always been that very caring mother that Jeb did not have.

Hero always gave himself a morning shift on that particular day so he has free time at night. He would spend that free time vanishing into blue robes and stepping through a portal. He would walk right into a warm and occupied couch, where he would give a greeting kiss to his waiting partner.

Markus would also be there, with a bouquet of Aether native flowers waiting and grumbling whether his brother was finished making out with his partner. After a hesitant goodbye with his lover, Markus and Hero would set out to the Persson mansion. The torches would always be lit that day, and their relatives would be roaming and chatting, having fun. The brothers would try to find someone they've been looking for.

And she was waiting in the small garden, sitting alone with her hands folded over his white dress. The garden was blooming with their House Flower, the blue lilac. Hero and Markus both took a seat on the white bench in the grass and hand her the bouquet. The three would be smiling, happy and wide. Slowly, Hero would lean in to his mother's embrace, sighing deep as he was allowed the loving warmth he only had very rarely. His mother would hug her sons very close, especially her oldest. It was sad to think that Hero's time was limited. He had many jobs to do and so little time. He made the best of his short time with his late family, and wished his mother well. His mother placed a chaste kiss on his forehead, right above the diadem before pulling away and reminding him that he made her proud.

And Hero would leave.

He would bid goodbye to his family and retreat to his office, where his lover was lazing around eating butterflies. The two would just cuddle for a moment, before Hero would be forced to leave his land. His clouds.

He left his graceful and caring position in the Aether to go back to his fierce and commanding position in his military.

He did not mind that his feet were placed in both worlds. He could manage. At least after finding out about his Aether position he could no longer wish a Happy Mother's Day to a grave. He could actually go to his mother and talk to her, face her. Hero did not ask for more. He was fine.