Chapter 30

why is it always the 30th chapter that has the weirdest shit lmao enjoy

Markus fortunately raised his rifle, blocking the attack. The strength that Darryl spoke of was powerful and extremely tiring, as Markus tried to push back. Hero was no match for his brother, so he knocked the rifle onto the ground. It slid far away from them, the king helplessly looking at it. He looked back at Hero, who stalked forward with a menacing look in his eyes. Markus can't help but feel terrible. His brother, his last link to his family was going to kill him. He just backed up to a tree and shut his eyes tight, breathing harshly.

Nabiel frowned. Roderich was running around, trying to fetch all the glowing red scrolls. All those scrolls held the carefully planned out lives of each loyal Minecraftian. Something happened, and it wasn't supposed to. Nabiel could tell, as these people were supposed to live on, but Hero cut them short. It was Nabiel's duty after all, to keep Minecraftians in check.

"Why are these two glowing gold?"

Nabiel's head snapped around as Roderich stood panting with two lives, two stories in his hands. Nabiel held his hand out and his demon tossed them. He unrolled one and quickly read through the short description. A rather young man. Alive.

"What kind of name is Arache? What do they mean by '50% Spider'? The fuck? How does that work?"

Nabiel elbowed Roderich in the crotch which sent the demon to his knees. He looked down at the scroll, his near future was being crossed out and heavily written over. He saw Hero's name in there more than once. Stealing a glance at the man's picture, he sneered, tossing it away.

"Hero has extremely low standards."

Roderich groaned questionably from the ground. Nabiel gestured wildly to the glowing scrolls, which were rolling towards each other strangely. "He can honestly do better than that," he sighed.

Seeing an opening, Markus rolled to the ground, narrowly missing his brother's blow. The sword lodged in the tree Markus used to rest on. Hero struggled to tear it out, and Markus quickly gave himself distance from his brother while he was distracted. Once Hero tore out his sword from the bark, he turned back to his brother, piercing white eyes glowing fiercely. Markus shivered at the ferocity.

Pointing the barrel of his rifle on the ground, he backed up. Hero just kept getting closer, his grip on his sword tightening. "C'mon, big brother, what happened to you?"

Don't answer. Stand straight. Just smile sweetly.

Hero did not want to. His precious little brother who he protected and cared for all his life was standing in front of him. That little brother who was much more mature, more defined and more older, holding a rifle for defense. Against him. Hero fought the commands with all he had. He gulped when he straightened his stance and stared straight at his brother, his lips curling to a smile.

His brother's grip fell loose around his rifle, and Hero wanted to grimace at the hope in his brother's eyes. He wanted to tell him to run, and if possible, take him down. He was dangerous, he was not safe. Derrek did not notice the trembling grip on the sword.

"L-Look, let's just talk. I've been wanting to for a while. Jeb and I... We're worried and we haven't had the chance to ask if you're alright."

Markus was looking down now, his gaze full of sorrow. The dirt would have cried if it was real. Hero felt himself slack.