Chapter 32

Hero and Noah managed to maneuver through the crowd, but not without being brushed up against. They have no idea whether it was on purpose or not. They found a little boutique hotel that had quite the reputation of being a hot spot for lovers on the go. When they showed up as a pair, the workers just smiled way too much, and that little 'Herobrine' part in Hero wanted to turn their smiling faces inside out.

Hero was ready to collapse, so he paid for two nights in the boutique hotel. Hopefully, he could get a relaxing bath. Dragging his foot to the room with Noah trailing worriedly behind him, he realized something. Hero normally never slept. At all. Apparently he was 'so powerful' that sleep was not really necessarily, as well as food or water. However, Hero still did have random cravings, and his throat still goes dry. He then assumed that if he ever used his powers up, he would either have to rest or sleep to get them back strong.

He let out a long whistle once he unlocked the door to the suite. (He paid for one of the fancy ones. Treat yourself.) Noah just peered in over his head and stared curiously. The room was decorated with hues of red and black, giving out a sexual vibe, and Hero groaned. Noah did not. There was one huge bed for two, but Hero did not care. He does not care if he sleeps right next to Noah, he just needed rest. Immediately. He stood for a moment, focusing, and then tried to summon all the energy and power he had left to his fingers. With a snap, the illusion charms on the two fell and they were back to normal.

However, since the hotel staff had assumed he and Noah were looking for a playful night, he checked the spruce nightstand. There was a lamp that could change color on it as well, most of them were dark and dim colors because... Yeah. Hero pulled out the drawer and laughed at the sight of the insides. Noah raised his head from inspecting the couch and joined him to look inside. Hero had fallen into the soft and lush bed, still heaving in laughter. All Noah could see was a bottle of white liquid and a string of square plastic. He reached in to pick up the connected strip, and felt something circular underneath. He thought absently, he was pretty sure he knew what these were. Hero was staring at him with wide eyes and a (cute!) smile.

Once Noah grasped on the English word and its meaning, he dropped it and closed the drawer immediately. Hero raised his voice from his face implanted on the pillows, "Aren't you going to use that?"

Noah stared at his golden brown hair with shock, his dark cheeks reddening. "W-What? You mean, y-you want to-"

Hero cut him off, in between chuckles, "You were staring at them, thinking whether they would fit?"

Oh. It was a joke. Don't get your hopes up, Noah. The spider just laughed along quietly. He was still looking at the drawer. He turned back to his friend, and found his asleep and curled up in the blankets. Being nocturnal, Noah just occupied himself in the bathroom. He had lived his life as a spider, but his human needs came and sometimes he would have to take on the identity of a traveler and enter a random village. He would then trade in emeralds he harvested from the cave systems for human things such as clothes and such. When he's lucky, he would get a night in an inn and take a comforting bath.

Noah had just came out of the bathroom fresh and clean with the hotel's towel wrapped around his waist. Once he stepped out dripping and wet, he saw Hero tossing around, clutching at the sheets. He bit into his pillow and his fangs had ripped the cloth. His face was scrunched up in fear? Anger? Whatever it was, it was not good. His protective instincts flaring, Noah got on the bed and shook his friend. He gently moved Hero's trembling form to his lap and softly purred to him.

The ex-general jerked awake and Noah dodged Hero's head in fear of his precious chin. He immediately clutched his friend's face in his hands to look at him. Hero's white eyes were wide, and there was faint exhaustion in them. They were glowing brighter than before, so his energy and power was up. Hero was sweating loads, though and he was panting. Before Noah could ask, Hero just relaxed in his grip and pressed his face in Noah's chest. The spider could smell humiliation and fear in waves. He immediately wrapped his arms around him, protecting him from any harm.