Chapter 44

There was also a change in Hero's environment.

After conversing with a few mobs, he had discovered something incredible. Apparently, news of Noah's nice little plan, his legacy had passed around. Creatures of all kinds decided to seek out the current spider alpha, Helena, hoping she shared the same mindset as the alpha before her. She did, and negotiations and bargaining started. All creatures had decided on a peace treaty between them, excluding the humans.

They had all shared information about each of their own species and their needs to each other, and had come to a conclusion. They did not divide the land not occupied by man to each specie. They shared the land with each other. Old enemies became allies. Foe became friends. They depended on each other, and looked out for each other. The spiders had decided to respect the vampires as long as they respected the spider back. Multiple species who were usually at war reconciled. In terms of food, they all agreed that it was part of nature.

If they took more than they needed, however, then it would be a problem.

Gone were the territories and boundaries. Creatures roamed freely and shared. They elected leaders, of course. The strongest or most capable of their species. In that way, if there was any dispute, the leaders would resolve it without dragging the entire colonies into chaos. Hero had observed the change of the biomes, as passing creatures did not even spare each other a glance. They just went about their day, not worrying about the other.

Hero decided it was time to visit the spider colony, so he did.

Helena had cried tears of joy when she saw him entering the cave system. She was elected spider colony leader, but she set aside her duties to greet her previous alpha. New spiders were intrigued by Hero, but the ones who knew him beforehand welcomed him back. Pups he knew had grown, yet they still tackled him. He had met Helena's mate, Fred, who was pure hybrid. He was born from another escaped spider hybrid, thus was more feral than human. Hero had greeted him all the same.

Fred's litter, on the other hand, Hero loved them.

He met little Noah, who, like the spider he was named after, was huge. He was still a pup, almost becoming an adult but he was already two-thirds of the late Noah's size. He was more cheerier, and loved having fun rather than being serious. He also loved picking fun at the runt of the litter, Hero.

The spider was a little thing, but she had some bite. Hero had learnt that his spider counterpart's full name was Heroine, due to her gender. She was a fierce female, but the only spider she allowed more dominance than her was her big brother Noah. Both pups loved him to death, and Heroine was amazed by the person she was named after. She shot question after question, and Hero struggled to keep up.

He had also reunited with Hugo. The creeper had done well with his mate, Shay. She was pure creeper, but she loved him all the same. Creepers mated for life, just like the cave spider, so Hero laughed at their public display of (creeper) affection. He had also met their single kit, Bingo. He was an energetic creeper, unlike his lazy dad. He inherited human blood from his dad, and was able to shift back and forth. Bingo loved Hero too, and asked questions about the outside. Hugo had apparently never allowed Bingo out of the den until he was old enough, and the creeper was curious.

Then he visited Noah's grave.

Helena and Hugo went with him as well, the three silent as they stood over their friend's grave. None of them had teared up as if they seemed to move on. Their lives did, but their hearts still stayed with Noah. The vampires had apologized profusely, but Hero did not want to hear it. Most of the vampires were still cold, and they obviously did not regret killing Noah. The spite in between spiders and vampires was still there, albeit a little weak.