Chapter 31

Sexual tension chapter. Swear count: 10

Hero gaped at this man. No, not because his voice was velvety and husky. Because he had the audacity to give him such a nickname. He had dealt with Derrek's 'doll', 'puppet', 'pet' and the recent 'Herobrine'.

But he can't help but wonder why he welcomed the nickname more than he accepted the others. His attention was brought to his legs when another wave of extreme pain engulfed him. Rain was starting to drench the other man-spider hybrid thing as well. He raised his head and scowled as the man crouched down, hands nearing the bear trap. He immediately swatted him away, snarling,  "Do you really think I can't kill you like this? Stay. Back."

He had no idea what he was saying. He was just furious, frustrated and absolutely fucked. The 3 glorious 'F's. He couldn't think straight, because of his rampant motions and the man in front of him. The man had raised his hands up in surrender, and he looked a little irritated. He was about to retort, but Hero watched his eyes grow wide before they softened. His hands went to slide through his wet black hair before he gently said, "Oh, how could I forget. You haven't met me. Well, you did, it's just not personally like this and I didn't want our first meeting to be like this. I'm so sorry-"

"Cut the shit."

"What?"

Hero stared him straight in the eye and panted heavily. He just choked out, "You're rambling. Just say it quick because I'm bleeding out over here!"

The man's eyes widened and he glanced at Hero's wounds. He winced and Hero heard a soft hiss. The man looked back up at him and said slowly, "It's me. It's Noah."

Hero looked at him pointedly. Noah sighed.

"Arachass? Catch that nickname, Princess?"

Immediately, Hero's mind supplied him with memories from his teenage years. Writing his findings in a book, meeting a fucking mermaid, and starting a conversation with a mysterious person via research books- Oh. Hero stared wide-eyed at the man as he started to process things. His uninjured hand went to his mouth as he gasped. He whispered behind his hand, "No fucking way."

Noah purred, "Sorry, but... Yes fucking way as how you put it."

Hero's bleeding out and severely injured leg seemed to disappear as he had to suppress a shiver at that tone. Hot.

Noah went from absolutely-would-smash to serious as he gently placed his fingers on the bear trap, avoiding the open wound. He started speaking, "Alright, Princess, as much as I'd love to catch up with your pretty face, we need to get your fixed up. And quick."

Noah's nail scraped a bit of flesh and Hero hissed. Noah mumbled an apology after staring at him at the odd animalistic sound he gave out. He narrowed his eyes at the wound and poised his hands over the trap. He quickly looked around and picked up a thick stick. He handed it to Hero, who stared at it with fury, hoping for it to burst into flames. It almost did until the spider interrupted, "This will hurt a lot. Just bite down on this stick and I'll be as fast as I can, I promise."

Hero whimpered but lodged the stick in his mouth, his two settled but not breaching the bark. Once Noah pulled the bear trap off and shoved Hero's foot out of the way, they sank deep. Hero screamed and with one last bite, the stick broke and he spat everything out before bristles could get caught on his tongue. Noah stared at him in shock before moving his attention to Hero's now bleeding profusely foot.

He snarled and started to raise the end of his shirt. Hero stopped breathing heavily and choked on his saliva when he saw what treasures lie beneath. Oh fuck, Kaleb was good-looking alright, but this spider was a godsend. He watched Noah tear into his clothes with his own fangs, ripping a purple strip of cloth. He gently lifted Hero's leg by the knee and settled it on his lap. The ex-general howled as Noah started to tightly wrap the makeshift bandaged around his mangled foot.