Chapter 21

Hero had about four hours of sleep before he woke up. He quickly got a shower since he hadn't the day before and changed into more silkier, softer and expensive royal robes. That day was his first break day in a few weeks, and his Lieutenant General taking over his job for the day. He still carried around his weapons, he still needs to protect himself and his brother.

He already made a plan for his day once he stepped out of the shower, wiping at his wet golden locks. He was to meet with Darryl that day to discuss his weird encounters. After that he might need to check the maids and cooks for things they need. Cutlery, ingredients and even clothes, he would drop by the busy afternoon market to pick them up.

As Hero walked out of his room, he started putting on his light blue royal cape, made from the rarest of spider silk. He caught sight of a drowsy Markus stumbling out of his own room, hastily putting on his brown cape. Hero slapped his brother hard on the back and caught sight of a few dark purple and red marks on his brother's neck. He smirked as he said, "You're not supposed to do adult things, Marky. Being a lord doesn't make you get away with everything."

Markus' eyes widened before he covered up the marks and muttered, "Shut up. I bet you've fooled around at least twice. Ivan and I used to bet on you and Dianne."

Hero faltered in his steps and shot his brother a glare. He said lowly, "I guess I could understand, considering how close we seemed to be. However, I don't think it's... Appropriate of you to bring her up."

Yes, Markus was taller, smarter and of higher rank but Hero was still his older brother. Blood was thicker than water could ever be. Markus managed a polite nod. Markus mumbled an apology until Hero spoke again, "Besides, I've never encountered such dirty thoughts. And pretty flowers don't interest me. Big, strong hunks-ah, trunks are far better."

Markus gave him a look of disbelief as Hero stalked towards the kitchens. He (finally) got a full meal for once, steak and baked potatoes. He finished up some milk before bid the cooks goodbye and started heading to the stables. Which was... Far away. He stopped in his tracks and looked around, maybe he can do what he did the previous night again and appear in Darryl's house.

He made extra sure there was no one watching, before he shut his eyes tight and willed himself to get there. He remembered that he- for the lack of a better word -teleported because he was quite desperate the previous night. Fuck Markus, him and his ridiculous idea to get a huge-ass castle.

He felt the familiar pull and opened his eyes, finding himself in a cozy home. He turned around to find Darryl, but the wizard was right there, in robes, gaping as he held his wand over a cauldron. "H-How the hell did you get here?"

Hero smiled before replying, "That's what I've been meaning to ask you. Do wizards, er, teleport often?"

Darryl placed a Pause Charm on the potion he was making and stalked forward. He used vigorous hand gestures as he yelled, "Only the strongest can do such things. Teleporting drains their magic! And yet, your power core burns even brighter than before. I don't understand..."

Darryl started pacing, "And when you used Elemental Magic of some sort back underground. Those spells are impossible to learn! They only exist in stories, where angels, demons and gods use elemental magic."

Darryl was gonna start on another paragraph of words until the two were interrupted with a purple flash in the lounge. Hero drew his sword out of instinct and Darryl tightened his grip on his wand as they went to investigated. Two cloaked people were waiting in the lounge, and spoke before the two young men could even start.

"We're having a Order of Magic meeting right now. Mister Darryl Lance Kirkland, you are the last wizard of your family and you will be representing your family name in the meetings from now on. I apologize for not contacting you any sooner, as the war prevented us from seeking you out. Mister Persson, you are requested to represent your family name as the head. We were requested to give you the rings of your father, Lord Kirkland. If you could please put them on."