Chapter 3 - First Meeting.

We started walking through the tunnel, from where the players came out of.

What a sight was in front of my eyes.

The beautiful stadium, and to top it up, the entire cricket team right in front of my eyes.

When I walked out, immediately, I saw some of the boys talking to their teammates, and looking at me, which means they were talking about me.

Oh well. I'll prove them wrong.

"Anil..." He looked at me. "I mean, sir,"

"Call me Anil, it's fine." He smiled.

"Doesn't everyone call you bhai or sir? And are you sure they will be fine with me?" I asked him.

"Call me whatever you want then!" He laughed. "And, they better be. As long as you get the hang of it soon enough, you're perfect for our team!" He said, which made me smile.

"Sure about that?" Harjit chuckled.

"Let's see." Anil sir said and called the boys over to the dug out.

When they all gathered around, all eyes were on me. MS Dhoni, Rohit Sharma, Yuvraj Singh, just to name a few. Wow.

But most importantly, my idol, my inspiration, Virat Kohli.

"Listen up boys!" Sir cut them off from talking. "This is a very important girl joining us today, and if you don't like it, then tough. You are honoured to have a woman as one of your coaches!" He shouted.

Everyone started laughing.

"Our coach?" Someone laughed hard from the group. I looked to see who it was, and just to lighten my mood (note the sarcasm) it was Virat Kohli.

"Yes. Your coach." I replied myself, which shut them all up.

He laughed.

"That is right. She is your coach, and at this point, she can do whatever she wants with you, so be nice!" He joked. "She will be taking a course with our team."

"I'm sorry, I can't handle this! We have a girl as a coach? PFTTTT!!" Virat laughed even harder.

"Virat! You haven't even seen her play, have some respect!" Someone shouted at him.

I turned to see who it was, and it was the one and only MS Dhoni. Wow. He was sticking up for me.

I looked at him and he smiled at me, and I did so back too.

"He's right Virat. Once you see her play, you'll be shocked." Anil sir smirked.

"I don't really think someone who brings her boyfriend to work is going to be better than me at cricket!" He scoffed.

Boyfriend??

"I'm her cousin, ew please don't say that again." Harjit said, which made the boys laugh, and I turned to Harjit, who gave me a cocky smile.

"Okay, Virat, that's enough please." Bhajji said, and smiled at me. "Introduce yourself to us!"

I nodded. "Well, my name is Maya Sandhu,"

"Wait, Sandhu?" Yuvraj asked and I nodded.

"Punjabi?" He smirked.

"Haan, Punjabi!" I smiled.

"OH YES! We got another Punjabi in our team!" Yuvraj shouted and high fived Bhajji. "What part? Well, your family?" He added.

"Nawanshahr" I said, and Yuvi and Bhajji nodded. "Anyways, I'm 24, from England," I got cut off by Virat.