Chapter 32 - Promise You'll Never Leave?

So Kohli is in England, and I'm dying. AHHHHH. Also, I've only just realised how long this book is going to be...

Virat's P.O.V.

"Virat Kohli, you are falling in love with Maya Sandhu."

I couldn't help myself but laugh.

"Shut up bro, she's my coach, and she's my best friend. I'd never see her in that way." I said, and Ricky chuckled from the other side of the line.

"I've obviously known Maya all her life, and I'd like to say her brother knows her quite well, so take it from me, Virat. She fucking likes you so much. Never mind her, what about you? You look at my sister in a way a boyfriend would look at his girlfriend. Why can't you see that?"

"She is not falling for me, Ricky. She would have told me!"

"Virat, why the fuck would she tell you that she's falling for you? I bet she hasn't even mentioned it to Tia, or Ritika or anything, because she's scared that you're going to reject her. She's scared of BCCI of finding  out, you know how much she doesn't want to loose her job. Just please try and talk to her about it. If not, do it for her sake. Make her happy again will you?"

I had a moment to myself to take in his words. Was this why she only opened up to me, or why she'd always ask for me? This was so wrong, but it felt so right.

"I'll try and bring it up." I mumbled.

"Thanks bro." Ricky sighed. "Oh, and if you ever want to hurt my sister, I will murder you with  my bare hands."

Brutal much.

"I would never ever think of hurting your sister. She's a special one." I smiled to myself.

"See! You're falling for her!" He laughed. I groaned, and ended the call. I can't believe her own brother was telling me that I was falling for her. Surely, I wasn't falling for my coach? These past weeks, I thought they may have been just an infatuation. But maybe I was wrong. Maybe it was more.

*****

I knocked on her door, and waited for her to open it. Her eyes lit up when she saw me.

"Hello!" She smiled.

"Hey Maya." I smiled back. She moved out of the way, to let me in. I walked in and saw Yuvi sleeping on the sofa. She looked at me, with a mischievous smirk. What was this girl up to? And why was she so happy? She actually looked like she showered today too.

"Virat, here." She whispered and gave me her phone. It was on video, so I pressed record, and followed her to the kitchen, where she got an empty vase, and filled it up with water. I knew what she was doing. Maya Sandhu, you naughty naughty girl.

"You ready?" She asked, and I nodded with a smirk.

We walked inside, trying to walk as quiet as possible, hiding our laughter. She walked up to Yuvi, and I stood a few meters away from them, no way was I getting splashed by this water.

"YUVRAJ!" She shouted and spilled the water over a innocent, sleeping Yuvi.

"Teri penc-" He shouted but stopped when he saw the two of us. Me and Maya broke into fits of laughter, whereas Yuvi was staring at us with the most angriest face.

"I hate you both!" He exclaimed and stormed off upstairs. Being the annoying person she is, Maya took the phone off me, and followed him upstairs. I did not want to get punched or anything, so I just sat on the sofa, and waited for them to come downstairs.

I'm pretty sure that that was the first time in a week that Maya has properly laughed, and let her hair down like she just did. I smiled at the thought of having my Maya back.

*****

The video of Yuvi being woken up with water had been posted on instagram by both me and Maya, and the team were loving it. They had just been constantly teasing him on the group chat since it was posted. At the moment, I was watching a soppy romantic film with Maya, and Yuvi had gone to pick Tia up from work.

"Maya?"

"Hmm." She replied.

"Do you remember what we did on the night of the party?" I asked, and she turned to look at me.

"How could I forget? I kissed the man I'm falling for." She said, and immediately covered her mouth when she realised what she said. I looked at her, shocked and with my eyes widened.

"You are falling for me?" I asked. Maybe Ricky was right. As I asked that, she looked offended.

"No. No. No. I shouldn't have said that." She got up from the sofa. "I don't. Why would someone like you ever fall for anyone like me?" She said, tears coming down her cheeks. She turned around and ran up the stairs, and I heard her bedroom door slam shut. Way to go, Virat.

"Maya!" I shouted, and ran up the stairs myself. "Maya! Please, open the door!" I said, knocking on her locked door. I heard her drop down to the ground, so I assumed she was sitting infront of her door.

"Virat, just leave. I get it. A man like you could never even imagine falling for a woman like me. Men like you are made for hot Bollywood girls, not girls like me, I understand, just go." She said, this time I could hear the pain in her voice. I felt like a terrible human for doing that. Realising she wasn't going to open it any time soon, I sat down on the floor, leaning my head on her door.

"Maya, I didn't mean that. I was just shocked, that's all."

"Why were you shocked?" She asked.

"Because I never expected it, Maya."

"Exactly, you never expected it because I'm not meant to be falling for guys like you." She cried. I wanted to slap myself a million times for doing this. She went on for the next 10 minutes crying about how she will never be good enough for anyone. All I wanted her to do was open that damn door so I can hug her and comfort her, and tell her how much I liked her. Was that so hard.

"Maya!" This time I shouted. "Open the fucking door now, before I slam it down." I said, loudly, and stood up. I couldn't hear her like this any longer. I heard some quiet cries, and some shuffling from the other side of the door, before a broken Maya Sandhu opened the door. The end of her nose was red, her eyes were slightly red and puffy, because of how much she'd been crying. Fuck, I just wanted to cuddle her and tell her how much she was worth it.

"Maya Sandhu, you listen to me now." I said, cupping her cheeks in my hands, which were huge on her face. "You, you are a good girl. In fact, you're the best woman I've ever set my eyes on. So don't you dare say that you're not worth it, don't you dare say you're not good enough for everyone, and don't you dare say that I wouldn't even imagine falling for someone like you, because, Maya, I fucking have. I like you, Maya. It's taken me 3 weeks to realise that I've finally found someone that I would like to spend the rest of my whole life with. It's you, Maya, it's only you, and it will always be you."

She immediately broke into tears when I had finished. I pulled her into a huge hug, and comforted her as she cried into my chest. I couldn't believe what I just said. I just confessed to Maya, and I've never ever spoken to any woman like that in my whole life. She was the one. Maya was the one.

"Virat." She sniffed.

"Yes, darling?"

"Will you promise me that you'll never leave me?"

"I cross my heart, and I hope to die."

A/N
Hey, i apologise in advance for the next few chapters 😭 it's so hard to write this book for me atm, so it's kinda shit i know but hope you enjoyed ❤️