Chapter 23 - Flashbacks.

Hey! I was in a dark and bad mood when I wrote this, so sorry it's so badly written and I really wouldn't usually write things like this so it's the first time too 😂💖 enjoy!

Thank you so much for 2k reads ❤️

*flashback*

Virat's P.O.V.

Sunday night. I'd just come home from Maya's house, and I was on the phone to Yuvi. I disconnected the call and got out of the car. I locked it, and walked inside to my home.

I walked in, and the place was all dark. That's strange. My house keeper usually keeps the lights on for Bruno when she leaves in the evening.

Turning on the lights, I saw Bruno, in the corner of the living room.

"Bruno!" I exclaimed and ran up to him. I tried to pick him up when I realised he was chained to the door that takes you to my garden.

"Bruno?" I asked, expecting to wake up from a dream. What was happening?

"What happened?" I asked, panicked, as if he would speak back to me.

I ran to the kitchen, to find my big knife that I had shoved in my draw somewhere. I opened the draw. I was trying to find it, but then I realised, that it wasn't there.

"What the fuck!" I shouted at the top of my lungs and held my head in my hands.

Cautiously, I walked back into the living room, with a smaller knife that was in the kitchen, and let Bruno free.

He started barking, and running up the stairs. He ran into my bedroom, where I saw the window was wide open. He looked at me, and then looked at my bed.

It was a piece of white paper, with a bit of writing on it. I picked it up, and it read 'I am coming for her. catch me if you can - K.'

Kyrun.

Why was he doing this to me? That fucking idiot. I needed to be with her. I needed to keep her occupied before he can get to her. What will he do to her? God knows. He is a dangerous man.

I quickly called up Yuvi, explained what had happened, and told him to call Maya over to his apartment to keep her occupied.

Then, I called my bodyguard.

"John! I need your help."

"Yes Mr Kohli, what is it?" He asked.

"Maya." I panicked.

"Maya? Maya Sandhu?"

"Yes. Maya Sandhu. Her ex boyfriend is coming after her, he stole a large knife from my kitchen, chained fucking Bruno to a door and left a note on my bed saying he's coming after her and for me to catch him if I can!" I screamed. "I don't know how he entered my home, but he escaped by my bedroom window." I screamed down the phone again.

"Take a breath, Mr Kohli. Do not panic too much. We will be there straight away." He spoke.

"Good. You better be here quick." I said and hung up the phone.

What the fuck do I do?

I got my phone out, and called Maya. There was no way I was telling her about this. But I had to find out if she was okay.

"Virat?" I heard her sweet and innocent voice when she picked up.

"Maya!" Thank God she was okay. "Are you okay?" I asked.