Chapter 46 - Court.

I woke up, and snuggled in Virats arms. I could really get used to this. He was so comfy.

"Morning, girlfriend." He mumbled, in his morning voice.

"Hey." I smiled. "I'm so nervous."

He sat up and hugged me.

"I'm sorry you have to go through this Maya." He sighed. "I truly am."

I sighed in response.

Today, I'd be seeing the man who raped me. If all went well, which I was confident it would, he would be locked up for the rest of his life.

"Hey, try not to think about it too much this morning. Let's just take some time for ourselves." He smiled and I nodded.

His words immediately made me feel better. How he did that, I have no idea.

I heard a knock on my door.

"Yeah?" I called.

My dad entered. He looked at Virat and cleared his throat. Virat's eyes widened and he threw on a t-shirt.

I laughed and looked at my dad.

You could see the pain in his eyes. No father should have to see his daughter go through this.

I looked down and fiddled with the hem of my t-shirt.

"It's going to be okay, Maya. It really is. We're going to be here every step of the way." He smiled and hugged me. "Now, we need to leave in a bit. Stay calm. Don't panic or anything, I'm sure your new boyfriend will help you with that." He smiled and hugged me.

"I know he will." I smiled and put my hand on Virat's.

"I know he will too." My dad smiled. "We are so grateful for everything you've done for us, Virat. I don't think we can ever repay you." My dad shook his hand.

Virat smiled and said it was no problem for him helping me.

My dad left the room and I sank back into the bed.

"I'm going to hop in the shower, Maya." Virat looked at me and smirked. "There's room for two."

"Sorry Virat. I'm not really feeling that way at the moment." I mumbled.

"Oh, of course- I'm so sorry Maya I didn't even think I was just trying to distract you but it came out the complete wrong way I'm so sorry-"

"Don't worry Virat." I smiled. "I know you didn't mean it that way."

He nodded and kissed my forehead before getting out of bed and walking into my en-suite.

I sighed and pulled out my phone.

I had a text from Manan and some of the other guys from the team.

Manan Good luck for today, sis.

Yuvraj Maya I hope everything goes well today. ❤️

Rohit Me and Rits hope everything goes your way today. Sending lots of love.

I sighed and replied to them and the other messages I had received.

This day was going to be long as hell.

After showering and freshening up, Virat and I went downstairs to eat breakfast.

No one spoke whilst we ate.

The house was tense today. You could feel it. Hardly anyone spoke a word. There was the odd small smiles here and there, but other than that, everyone was quiet.