Chapter 14 - Cousins.

Sorry for a short chapter, kinda important chapter, new character introduced. will be Maya's POV next X.

Virat's P.O.V.

We were half way through the second session of our afternoon training today, and since lunch, it seems like Maya has been ignoring me, or trying to avoid me.

I've caught her staring at me a few times, and she's caught me staring at her a few times too.

"Yuvi." I walked over to him, walking out of the nets. I'd got too distracted by her to actually concentrate in the nets. So that's why there's a rule.

"Cheeku, you've not been concentrating." He looked worried.

"Nothing's happened, just why is Maya ignoring me? Do you think she knows about lunch? You know the whole condom issue?" I asked him.

I was expecting a no, and a reassuring smile from my best friend, but instead I got the complete opposite.

"She probably knows, idiot." He said and started laughing his head off.

"I don't think she does. She doesn't clock things like this that easily." I said seriously.

"And how do you know? You been creeping on her?" Yuvi laughed at me.

"No! It's just that I've noticed that she doesn't really pay attention a lot of the time, unless she is being spoken to. I've never really met anyone like her." I said, and I smiled to myself.

"Stop saying this shit, Virat. Tomorrow you'll start saying she's one in a million. Remember, you're only doing this for Anil sir, after she gets told about it you can not even look at her twice." He said seriously.

"Why can't I?" I asked, but I knew perfectly well why I couldn't.

"I don't think she's even interested Virat. Look at her." He pointed over at her, and she was standing with a coach.

Rahul, Rahul Kohli it was. Yup. Kohli. He was my cousin. He was only 3 years older than me, and I loved him like he was my own brother, but sometimes he acted like a complete idiot. He was 31 years old, and single. At least I thought he was.

Anyway, him being single, he'd literally find any girl, get to know her and then consider getting married to her. Who the hell does that? My cousin apparently.

"What the fuck is he talking to her about?" I clenched my fists.

"Easy, sher." Yuvi laughed. "They're both coaches, give it a rest will you. She'll probably end up spending more time with him, than us anyways." He looked at me.

"Jealous?" He asked.

"Of corse I'm not jealous! She's my coach!" I moaned.

"If you say so, Kohli."

"Shouldn't you be practising?" I asked.

I'd just injured my shoulder, I didn't really want to carry on, knowing I'd make it worse if I did.

"Yeah, but Sir is not here to tell me off." He smirked. "Anyways, you'll still be related to her!" He cheekily smiled.

"Fuck off Yuvi. She's not marrying him!" I groaned.

"Oh really?" He asked, and walked off whilst rolling his eyes.

Dickhead.

I went and sat down by a physio, and watched them for a while whilst I was getting my shoulder sorted. I had to take my shirt off, for him to sort it out, so I was literally sitting there staring at them, half naked.

They were both laughing together, and every now and then he would touch her back. It was small, but even I could tell she felt uncomfortable when he touched her. I'm obviously not talking shit about my cousin, but he needs to get his hands off Maya. Idiot.

Why did I feel so jealous?

She turned around, and she saw me looking at her.

Noticing I was shirtless, she quickly looked away. But that didn't stop her from sneakily looking, from behind Rahul's back.

This time, when I caught her looking at me, I smirked at her, and in return, she gave me a dirty look and said something to Rahul. Straight away, Rahul turned around and started coming towards me.

Shit.

I quickly looked away and started talking to the physio.

"Uh, Virat?" Rahul cut me off and I turned my head, raising my eyebrow."

"Uh, can I speak to you for a moment?" He asked and I looked at the physio, telling him to leave us for a few minutes and he nodded and left.

"What's up?" I asked.

"Other than your dick when you look at Maya, nothing really." He casually said, and I scoffed.

"Really?" I asked. "Is that what you think I think when I look at her?"

It was partially true, but I'd never tell him that.

"Everyone does, Virat. Just remember, she's your coach. Just stay away from her, yeah." He said seriously.

"But I don't even-" I raised my voice, but yet again he cut me off.

"Would you ever flirt on a teacher in school?" He asked.

"A teacher? No way." I chuckled.

"Well, same goes for Maya. Do not flirt with Maya. She is your teacher. Not your friend." He said, and walked away.

But she could teach me a few things off the field.

I wanted to say it out loud, but I guessed that wasn't really the best idea.

He looked at me and I nodded, and he turned around and left to go talk to Maya again. Bloody idiot. Who does he think he is?

"Well same goes for maya. She's your teacher not your friend." I mimicked his voice whilst making a face, hoping he wouldn't hear.

"Say something?" He turned around and raised his eyebrow.

Fuck.

"No, not at all." I lied and smiled.

A/N

Hope you all enjoyed this very quick chapter. 💗💗 Please vote and comment. ❤️

Maya.