Chapter 43 - Dessert Shop.

2 WEEKS LATER

Gravesend, England.

I'd finally reached home. After an eventful two months I was finally at home.

I pressed the button for the gate and once I was in the drive, I unlocked the front door.

Everything was exactly the same.

"Who's home?" I heard my dad shout.

I heard footsteps, and I saw his head peek round the corner.

"Maya!" He exclaimed with a smile and rushed towards me.

"Surprise!" I chuckled and hugged him. "How are you?" I smiled.

"Better now that you're here! I've missed you so much, how have you been?" He asked with a smile.

"Fairly good. Where's mom?" I asked.

"Mom's gone out with your Massi. She will be back in a couple of hours." He said and I nodded. "Where's Selena?"

"Oh, she went to-" I paused. "I think she went to the shop. I'm not sure." I shrugged and he nodded.

I went upstairs to my bedroom, and put my bags on the floor.

I walked to my desk to see that my 18th Birthday party photo album was sitting in the middle. I furrowed my eyebrows and walked towards it. Who was looking through this?

I turned around and looked at the shirt above my bed.

Virat.

He must have seen it when he came. Which meant he saw the picture of Kyrun and I. I flipped to that page, and without looking properly at the picture, I ripped it out of the book and put it in the bin.

When we first broke up, it had taken me so long to do that, but now I'd do it to every singe picture of us in less than a second.

"Hey, Maya." My brothers voice brought me back to reality.

"Rick!" I smiled and hugged him.

"You alright?" He asked and I nodded. "How was your flight?"

"Good, I suppose. How are you?" I smiled.

"Decent. Oh, Virat left a jumper here when he came for that meeting, so I just put it in your wardrobe." He smiled and I nodded. "I've gotta pop out for a bit. See you later." He left my room.

I quickly rushed to my wardrobe and grabbed Virat's jumper.

I sat on my bed and smiled to myself. His smell was still strong, almost as if he were still in the room. I sighed, thinking of how much I'd missed him. It had been two weeks, and I had to wait another week until he came to England.

I put his jumper on to comfort myself. I checked my phone, and remembered that Virat has told me to text him when I was home.

To Virat Hey, babe. I've just reached. Miss you.

Almost immediately, I got a reply.

From Virat I miss you more 😪 It doesn't look like we're getting to the quarter finals, I might be with you sooner than I think.

Virat's team were struggling with players this season. Himself and AB de Villiers were the only batsmen who weren't injured. His bowlers were fine, but what's a good team without more than 2 quality batsmen?

To Virat Kind of hoping your team play shit. 🤐

From Virat Me too. Your team are doing well. They'll get to the semis for sure, not sure about finals. They won't win without you.