19

Viktor Nikiforov

Viktor looked at Yuuri, sighing slightly. "Okay. We're here." He muttered, looking around the large rink. I need to fix this. How, though?

Viktor knew neither of them planned on going to the ice today.

"Why are you jealous?" He asked slowly, careful not to look at Yuuri since it was too awkward for him at the moment.
"It's because you're special to me," Yuuri replied, sighing as he covered his face, not at all removing his glasses.

Why would he? We're here to talk, not to skate.

Viktor smiled, though. "I'm special to you?"
"Yeah and seeing you with her.. ugh I don't know.." he mumbled, sighing shortly after. Viktor nearly missed what he said. Viktor sighed as well. "I'm sorry about that. But leaving me alone.. it won't solve anything."

Yuuri didn't say anything. Viktor reluctantly faced Yuuri's brown eyes, and he held Yuuri by the shoulders since he tried to look away. His eyes looked everywhere instead of Viktor, which made Viktor smile again.

"Yuuri, look at me."
"I don't want to."
"You have to if you want to fix this."
"..."
"Please."

With a groan of protest, Yuuri's browns looked at Viktor's blue eyes. "Happy?"
"Much better," Viktor said softly. "what do you want me to do?"
"About what?" Yuuri asked, not taking his eyes off Viktor.
"Anna, obviously," Viktor replied, his smile widening ever so slightly.
"I.." he swallowed. "Stop talking to her? I.. I really don't know I'm just going to feel bad."

Viktor just grinned, removing his hands from Yuuri's shoulders. "Well you shouldn't. Because if I see someone talking to you I could've been jealous anytime."

"What?" Yuuri asked, his brown eyes widening slightly. "Why, though?"
"You're pretty oblivious for a twenty one year-old," Viktor teased, making Yuuri roll his eyes. "I would get jealous because you are also super special to me. Actually more than what your mind can imagine."
"That's strangely comforting."

Viktor just laughed. "Well of course. I am a gentleman," he said in his terrible British accent. Yuuri chuckled lightly and pushed Viktor playfully. "You're so weird."

Silence.

"You know, I've been wondering.." Viktor said slowly, remembering Yuuri's small 'performance' back then before he left. "What were you skating to, back then?"
"Oh. Uh, truth is.. that piece was named 'Yuri on ice'. It was more of composing my own.. program.. it was made by a friend." He said. "Weird but.." Yuuri just trailed off.

"That's actually pretty creative."
"Yeah right."
"Seriously!"
"Seriously not."

Viktor frowned. "Don't put youself down like that. You're pretty amazing, and it really worries me when you do that."

"Sorry," Yuuri replied. "it became an unhealthy habit for a long time."
"Time to get out of it."
"Fine fine, Vitya."
"Oh my god it's my nickname!"
"You ruined the mood."
"Pfft whatever. Say it more often Yuuri."

Yuuri just smiled, rolling his eyes again. "Whatever."
"Anyways back to the subject," Viktor said, smiling. What is this boy doing to me I swear. "So since you had a lot of step sequences, I bet you're strength are your moves?"
"Do you stalk me or something?"
"I think it's the other way around."

Though Viktor really thought that his jumps were still pretty amazing. He could see the emotion this skater puts in his sequences and spins, and he really thought it was beautiful and spectacular.

He really admired the Japanese skater.

"It's not!" Yuuri said, flustered.
"Says the boy who dreams about me~"
"Shut up."

Viktor glanced at Yuuri. "What was your theme back then, Yuuri?"
Yuuri hesitated slightly, and Viktor could see the nervous energy pouring out of him. "..love."
"Love?" Viktor echoed. "how could you lose with the power of love?" He asked teasingly.

Yuuri sighed, shifting. "I know. But i've never been in a relationship before.." he said, looking at Viktor. "plus I had the lowest self-esteem, and the only time I realized that my family and few friends were actually cheering me on was when I got fourth and kept losing." He bit his lip slightly. "I.. never really liked my skating either.."
"So you never took full advantage of it?" Viktor asked, and Yuuri shook his head.

"Can I hear it?" Viktor asked. "the music, I mean."
Yuuri had that hesitant look again, but he still nodded and got his phone out. "Play it.. here? Right now? Out loud?"
Viktor nodded. "Yes. To all your questions."

So he played it. Viktor could already see and hear a story in the piano at the start; starting alone, and then being revealed all of these thrills and such.

As the music unraveled in his kind slowly, it sent a strange comforting feeling; Viktor didn't know how to explain it.

He really likes how the piano and violin could make a great match; the violin's constant fast and loud approach, while the piano was slow but gentle. It was a great combo in his opinion.

"Yuuri, that was pretty great." He remarked as the music ended. Viktor knows it was the song that would give him last song syndrome every night. "Yeah," Yuuri said, nodding. "I wish I took full advantage of it."

"You can now! I can help you," Viktor chirped, smiling. "I am you're new coach."
"I.. need some sort of inspiration though.. it's.. it's hard to explain.." he muttered. Viktor's smile turned into a grin. "Try."
Yuuri blushed slightly. "I.. need someone I can.. 'love' or something- oh god it's too embarrassing."

"Maybe I can be your inspiration?"

His eyes widened. "Are.. are you serious?"
"Yes, very," Viktor replied, the smile still evident on his face.
"What do you-"

There were a lot of things that crossed Viktor's mind at that very moment. A lot of emotions shared by the two by just one action that Viktor knew would change everything. But he didn't really regret anything. He knew things were going to be much more fun in the future.

But his mind went blank after he focused on what he was doing.

He just kept in mind that it was the best kiss ever.

---
Are you people happy? I hope you are because there's literally so much more that's going to happen <33

I'm still hyped that yoi won hahaHa-