e p i l o g u e

Viktor Nikiforov

one year later. . .

"Yuuri, are you sure you want to stay with me? In Russia?" Viktor asked, moving a box of small trophies Yuuri had won in his teenage years. He put the boxes on the couch. "I mean, what about-"

"Viktor, I chose to stay here," Yuuri interrupted, flashing the Russian a small smile as he dumped a box on the couch as well. "plus, I didn't want to leave St. Petersburg. It's nice here, and it's nice to see kids occupying the skating rink we used before. Like, a year ago. So stop worrying."

Viktor grinned, remembering how shocked the two of them were when they found the rink crammed with kids who wanted to learn how to skate. "Reminds me of how I was when I was a kid—immature, childish-"

"I see no difference whatsoever," Yuuri cut him off with a snicker. "I almost mistook you as one of the kids."

"Haha, very funny." Viktor retorted with sarcasm as he walked over to his boyfriend and hugged Yuuri. He breathed in, nuzzling his nose into Yuuri's neck, before pulling away with a grin. Can't wait to see the expression on his face for later..

Yuuri blinked in surprise, his cheeks flushing, and Viktor couldn't help but remember how he had seen that cute face countless of times. He sighed, his blue eyes igniting. "I'm not forcing you to stay here, though."

"Viktor," Yuuri hissed with a raised brow. He kissed Viktor on the cheek, his arms wrapped around his neck. "I'm not going anywhere. Whether you like it or not, okay?"

Viktor smiled softly. "I know, katsudon.. I know." He slowly leaned in and closed the gap between them, and his smile widened slightly as Yuuri melted into the action. He pulled away, though, and Viktor groaned. "Why'd you leave?"

"Because we need to unpack boxes now let's go."

He smiled as Yuuri headed into the kitchen, where they just happened to stash all of Yuuri's stuff. The year went by like a blur; Minako and Mari returning to Hasetsu with enough money, and he heard the onsen was running rather fine now; he also heard Phichit had been traveling a lot with competitions, and of course for his social media accounts. Yurio also recently won the Junior Championships, and the two of them couldn't have been more proud.

"Can't live without you," Yuuri suddenly said, and Viktor grinned. "Aw same here."
"What? Oh, no, I read a book title," Yuuri replied, peeking out of the door with a book in hand. "See?"
"I hate you," Viktor huffed with a scowl, but it was clearly fake and Yuuri just rolled his eyes, going back into the kitchen.

A lot happened, and of course, Viktor thought it was time to step things up a little. He found himself reaching for his pocket and pulled out a black box.

Marriage.

Viktor never took much account to the word before, but he knew he had to marry Yuuri. He and Yuuri were finally starting his Final Qualifications, and Viktor really wanted to call Yuuri a husband instead of a boyfriend; he needed to marry the boy.

Who knows, Yuuri might pole dance in their wedding too.

That is, if he wants to get married.

"Hey Yuuri, is there anything I don't know about you yet?" Viktor asked, and Yuuri's adorable face popped out of the kitchen, and Viktor hid the box behind his back. "Um.. I competed in the Grand Prix Final last year."

Viktor choked. "What? I- I competed against you?"
"Oh. Really? Wow. Huh." Yuuri muttered awkwardly. "Um, well, I don't really remember since I was pretty devastated getting last.. um.. i'll try harder this year—the year I get out of retirement."
"I'll start training you too," Viktor said with a shocked smile, and Yuuri nodded and returned to the kitchen.

Yuuri competed against him? Viktor never noticed, but maybe that was why he looked so familiar when they were at the bar together.

He looked at the small ring box.

He wanted to surprise the world at how he had such an adorable, sarcastic, yet sensitive husband so badly.

He took a deep breath, his grasp on he box tightening. This was it—the end of their story, but the beginning of a new chapter.

"Yuuri~! Come here! I actually have a surprise for you!~" Viktor called out to his hopefully soon to be husband as he entered the kitchen.

- t h e    e n d -

i.. i was actually crying while writing this?? um.. i never expected to be so attached to this book..

i never expected much support from this, either.. i.. i love you guys, but this is sadly the end.

i had so much fun writing this, and i even got so happy from your support.. three hundred votes was something i never expected!!

I had so much fun writing "Raillery", and I hope you maybe check out my other book, "Trapped". I have big plans for that, too c:

sadly this is really the end

i think.

Anyways, bye, and see you in my other books.. I had so much fun here, i hope i'll get to write a continuation haha

But even if you guys want one i cant promise one, but it really depends if you guys would like one.

Though, i never imagined writing a sequel for this book, and the ending basically doesn't have to have a story told

My main objective was to let the readers—aka you guys—fill the pages in this au. Basically, i left it like this so each one of you can imagine what happens next. This book really wasn't meant to have a sequel. But I will work on one if you guys want!!

Goodbye, and thank you for the fun ride <33