Chapter 21

Louis shrill voice bounced around in Harry's house. And the annoying thing about Louis was that his voice was already considerably high, when he got annoyed or angry it went higher becoming a sharp crescendo that irritated your ear drums. And that's what was happening at that moment so Niall rushed down stairs, taking two at a time and once he landed on the last one he thanked every super natural power out there when he landed on the bottom step without taking a tumble.

He caught Louis at end of his spitting tirade. "Louis, what the fuck?"

"Oh don't 'what the fuck' me! I'm the one who should say that! Waking up 6 in the morning to the freaking management on my case about you two idiots not answering your phones, is sooooo not how I want to spend my break. Do I freaking look like your keeper? So what the fuck to you Niall! "

"Louis, calm down! I left my phone out on the deck last night. I didn't realize." Niall said only realizing that he never got his phone from where Harry left it outside yesterday.

"Yeah, you idiot did that, so why am I the one being woken up at the ass crack of down?!" Louis screeched into the receiver.

"Jesus Louis, my ear." Niall pulls the phone away from him to glare at Louis ... well to glare at the phone.

"Oh shut up and get your phone. Seems like we have an award show to attend to in the evening."

"Why are we hearing about this now?"

"I don't know man, do I look like the management people?"

"Good god Louis, there is no point in conversing with you when you are like this. See you tonight."

"See ya later you little twat and you besta believe I will be knocking the both of you out for being the reason I woke up at 6am in the morning.

"Its 10 in the morning Louis."

"Well it freaking feels like 6am to me!" Louis shrieked into the phone again making Niall wince.

"Okay, okay. I get it. Sorry. You can go back to sleep now."

"Don't tell me what to do." The curt answer had Niall rolling his eyes. That lad was just something else. The dial tone also meant Louis had concluded their phone call. He didn't even bother to say bye.

Soft padding on the floor warned him that Harry was nearby. Even though there was literally flooding of light illuminating the span of the first floor Harry still tripped on his on foot and stumbled into the fridge.

"You really have to learn to walk properly Harry, or you are going to end up killing yourself." Niall said rolling his eyes.

"Like that would ever happen." Harry snorts.

"Ever watched a thousand ways to die? People die in a lot of unexpected ways."

"I'm not going to be one of them"

"Where is your phone? Louis said that the management people were trying to call us."

"I think its battery died last night. I forgot to charge it. Why was management trying to reach us?"

"We have a show tonight."

Harry's brow furrowed in concentrated confusion. He was probably going over his work schedule for the week to see whether he was to blame for this misdemeanor. Large ringed hand went to cup his own jaw in silent contemplation that Niall knew he could solve by explaining what happened, but he wasn't because Harry looked like a Greek statue at that moment.