Chapter 30

A little guitar rift kept Niall up late in the evenings once he was back from visiting Harry's family. It kept hypnotizing him when he was supposed to be watching a good footie game, kept him company as he worriedly waited for Deo to come home late at night and gave him something to obsess over when the monotony of the break would seep into his bones and bore him out of his mind.

So one day as he sat by the balcony looking over his house, as the wind blew, it carried the notes that Niall was mulling over in that little corner of his brain that was only covered with music. His hand stretched out automatically reaching for his guitar that was never far from where he is and started strumming out chords.

He played with the chords, interchanging them to match the feeling that was arising in him at that moment.

This song wasn't just a simple stringing of rhyming words and a good beat. It was a feeling. A scenario of a moment that conjured and couldn't forget. He couldn't even talk about it. Not because he wanted to keep it to himself, no. Not because he had not tried, no.

He had tried to explain it to Harry on the day after the fourth of July, after the spare room in Gemm's apartment had been provisioned to Mrs.A and Robin, after they were tucked in the convertible sofa bed that was in Gemm's living room.

He couldn't keep his eyes off of Harry. That toned body, hard from exercise but supple from the sweetness he oozed. His sculpted back arched as he probed the fire in the fireplace, making sure that it would burn for a while before letting out.

He kept seeing the strength in those beautiful hands, seeing the way they could easy rain down painful retribution yet when they held him, they made him feel so safe and so loved.

A feeling in his heart crept up his throat, choking him a little bit from the intensity of it. When he was away from Harry he kept forgetting how beautiful he was, inside and out, and it always shocked him worse than an electric current surging through his body when he is reminded of it.

Harry smiled at him and shuffled back into the bed, snuggling close to him, his hard needy body demanding to be cuddled. All Niall could do was comply because as Harry sighed contently, all he could think of was god I'm in love, oh god, I love him so much.

He wanted to tell Harry in that moment. Confess to him what he did to him. Make him take responsibility to injuries he had caused to his person because he had fallen so hard, so subtly that even he himself did not realize till he was holding Harry like that,. In that moment he realized how much he loved and how little he would not do to make him happy.

And that's when the little symphony started playing in his head. It accompanied him when he had to bid goodbye to the styles family and when he and Harry had an impromptu make out session in the private room of the airport when they were about to go their separate ways.

He had to get the melody out of his head. And he knew the perfect words to the melody too. He didn't even have to think about t. He poured his hear out on the paper, with the melody playing in his head, it was easy. It was almost like regurgitating words, spewing out his feeling on paper.

He was a painter, the words his paint, the melody his canvas and the song 'This town' was his finished painting.

He took a deep sigh of relieve as after he was done. Stood up and paced the spacious balcony for a moment, stretching out his limbs from their locked position that he was in when he was writing in and reveled in the crispy freshness of the cool summer day.

As he looked over, Deo bounded over, his bulky body leaned heavily over on Niall's. "What's up?" He asked soberly.

Judging from the clean scent and well put appearance, it seemed that Niall was graced with the few times that Deo was not high.