Chapter 51

Boyfriends that break their necks together stay together FoReVeR and EvEr 😋.

Directioner culture is getting obsessed with whatever the boys touch:

2010: Kevin the pigeon.

2015: Potato the 5th 1D member.

2017: The Gucci chicken that everyone is jealous of.

I love my people.

----------------

Their last night was heavy on Harry and Niall's minds. Harry had spent the day distracted by his work. He mulled over the few songs he was writing and frustrated over the many he had written before.

Even with his mind sufficiently occupied it was hard not to notice Niall flinting all over the house, getting his staff ready. His house slippers had disappeared from the coat closet, his coats had disappeared from the coat closet, the supersoft throw over that Maura made for him disappeared from the couch and his guitar had been neatly packed up.

His noting gown, his clothes, his travel bag, his towels and all his shaving stuff no longer occupied the side of his bathroom nor where they scattered all over their room like he had gotten used to.

As the day progressed Harry became quieter and quieter. The slight depression that Harry was spiralling into was throwing off the rest of the boys to the point where they took a unanimous vote to boot him from the basement studio so they could get some work done.

Niall and Harry both didn't know what that would accomplish because now they were two sad boys hosting a pity party in their bedroom.

That night Harry snuggled a little closer to Niall. He drank in his scent and drowned in his heat.

That night, Niall held Harry a little tighter. Be tried to imprint the curve of his frame to his mind. He traced all the rigid bumps of his tattoos in the dark and tried to memorize the feel is the smoothness of his skin under his palm.

Niall would have sworn up and down the day before that he wouldn't sleep that night. Boasted of the fact that sleep wouldn't dare intrude on lovers bittersweet last night. Yet his eyes begged to differ.

Their drooping eyes were fought heavily but they both fell asleep late into the night despite their determination to spend their last night conversing till morning.

But morning came and their eyes weren't open to help it break it's fast. The shrill ring of the alarm was the way they determined morning had come to pass.

Preparations were done excruciatingly slow. Breakfast is eaten with force past choked throats. Julian and the boys hustled Niall's bags into their uberXL.

The star-crossed lovers manned the back seats and immediately withdrew into their own world much to the annoyance of the rest of the crew.

When they started moving, Niall unclasped Harry's hand and reached into his carry own backpack to take out something.

His back arched unnaturally to accommodate his folding frame in the small space of the back seat as he rummaged in his bag.

Harry curiously watched his boyfriend. Was he going to gift his a silken handkerchief dipped in perfume like those romantic stories of yore?

Harry watched on, the low humming of voices and cars engine rolled off him. He barely registered anything but the man beside him.

But alas, it wasn't. It was just a memory chip that he placed in his wireless headphones. He tinkered on the genius piece of tech before placing the white and gold earpieces around his head.

"A promise is a promise right?" He said.

Harry furrowed his brow in confusion, then understanding graves his face when Niall's voice filtered into his ears.

He smiled that secret smile that only Niall could understand. Dimples dimpled into the side of his face and his eyes twinkled in delight.

Niall had given him his full album.

The Irishman's hands went back to Harry's. The pale hand lightly dusted with fine hairs.

Harry always mused at how the hair on his hands was a fine light brown that looked almost blonde in the sun. He bet inwardly a young Niall hated that considering the lengths he went to dye his hair blonde.

Harry's head made Niall's shoulder into a headrest. Caressing lightly Niall's muscular neck with his free hand, he did absentmindedly.

"Oooh. I like this one." Harry said in a low voice. Hos warm breath fanned out on Niall's skin making him shiver slightly.

His whole body was humming, prickling with the electricity that had somehow ignited. It had been so long since he felt like this in Harry's presence.

With the knowledge that Harry was near, his while body had either climates to the electricity between them or had calmed down since he was always just a few feet away from him. It was like his body knew, that he was about to leave, it was like his body was of testing the idea down to his cells.

Niall moved in close and gave Harry an Eskimo kiss. His nose was cold despite the heat around them. It felt really nice on Niall's feverish skin.

He could hear Slow hands playing and Harry was taking his foot good-naturedly to the chilled out drum backing the vocals.

"My favourite is flicker," Niall said.

"Should I listen to it now?" Harry inquired. He finally took the initiative to look around at their surroundings and realised that they were entering the airport from the private area set aside for jets.

"No. And before you ask, no, it's not about You?" Niall cut him off recognising that sly look that entered Harry's gaze.

"Who is it about then?" Harry asked.

"I will tell you if you manage not to give the album to the whole world," Niall said as they came to a stop.

They all got out the car in an orderly file. The boys stretched their limbs from the long ride. Julian lowered his wide-brimmed hat to cover his face; apparently, he burned easily like a piglet on a spit of fire.

They made themselves busy by grabbing Niall's language and they drifted slowly towards the only jet that was in the area, giving Niall and Harry some very much needed privacy.

Niall sighed deeply. He could feel his head constrict at the final realisation that he was going to have to go without Harry for some months one again." You are good now."

Harry nodded his head and hugged Niall fiercely. Niall would have complained at the vice right grip that he had on him if he wasn't hugging him back with strength worthy of a boa constrictor.

They kissed hard.

Teeth clashed as their lips met. Niall could feel the metallic taste of blood not in his mouth and Harry was sure his teeth had left indentations on his inside lip.

They finally untangled and made their way to the rest of the boys were they were chanting lazily with one of the pilots.

The man in the white and blue uniform went up the stairs to prepare the bird for flight.

Julian ever-present glasses reflected the untroubled Jamaican blue skies as he turned to inspect them as they made their way towards them.

"Okay lads, this is it I guess. I will see you all when you come back to LA." He reached for Mitch first with one of those loathed after Horan hugs.

He snuggles in close and thumbed the men one by one until he reached Julian.

He hugged just like the rest. He thumbed his back lightly just like the rest, but unlike the rest, he whispered in his ear, "Look after my man. Look after my baby for me."

"I promise I will," Julian said without missing a beat.