Chapter 58

It's that time of the semester again, bear with me.

-------

Harry was wide awake in the middle of the night once again. Sprawled on the huge comfy bed haphazardly. He didn't even bother to get under sheets, no what would be the point.

He couldn't sleep.

He couldn't eat.

He could.barely function with his hectic schedule as the record company was on the verge of dealing his album.

Photoshoots.

Wardrobe fittings.

Music video shootings.

Meetings.

More meetings.

And even more meetings.

God, he loathed those suits that sat in front of the table every time they went into the conference room. They would sit there, manicured hands on botoxed brows, waiting peevishly to judge his work yet none of them had ever worked directly in the music industry.

It was a constant battle between him and them. They demanded quality from his music to his music videos to what he wore but didn't want to coff up the cash to pay for it. They wanted publicity so they pressured him to go with stupid publicity stunts that the.whole.freaking.world could see through but demanded that he keep his fans satisfied.

His fans didn't want to be lied to. They could see through his lies despite the many acting classes he whizzed through.

At a time like this, that's when he missed the boys the most.  At least when it was the five of them, they could all back each other up and argue vehemently against any bullshit. They could wear the suits down.

But with it being him alone it was him alone against sneers and "and we know what's best for your career, Mr.Styles" smiles. Yet when it all backfired, which it always did, they all would disappear and throw Harry to the wolves.

Fuck, he hated the middle management. He wished there was a way for him ro.mke music without conferring with them, but alas, he had not cemented his skills set in production yet so he couldn't break away on his own.

But he would one day. He really needed to or he would end up flinging himself across the table at one of those suits. Especially the dull blond one with the blue eyes. God, he was pretentious.

What was his name again? S- something. He didn't make a habit if not paying attention but he didn't feel bad this time.

Worse still was the whole time through the meetings he could never keep his eyes off the freaking man. He was dull, too dull, despite his many facial corrections and brow lifts. His hair limply fell over his oily skin, the skin around his eyes was sallow hinting at a dangerous drinking habit.

He had body odour too. It was probably a genetic thing which nobody could fault him for but there were colognes and perfumes that were made specifically for that now. He had the money. Bet He could buy one but chose not to.

God,  he grated on Harry's nerves. The way his voice seemingly scraped at Harry's ears whenever he spoke and the fact that he was rude was the basis of his irritation with the man.

But to be honest, he had dealt with much worse. Like their first manager in 1D. Lord, the man was bum. Smelled like a bum. Behaved like a bum.

The thing that got to him about this man was that his height, weight and features distantly reminded him of Niall.

He was alarmed when he first realised that's why he couldn't help but look at the man seated right by the sunlight making his oily forehead shine in the room. His thinning hair revealing the bald spot he was desperately trying to cover.