Chapter 56

I'm going to name my future kids Diana, Olivia, Anna, Chelsea, and Georgia Rose. I also have a feeling that most of my kids will be boys cause in my family there are more males than females.

The Ex and I conversating:

----------

Tremors raked Niall's frame as he clutched the steering wheel. He could hear choked sharp breaths someone kept releasing into the quiet space of the car. It took him a while to realise that the pitiful sounds where coming from his mouth.

His mind was far away from his immediate task. His mind kept dragging the image of the girl seated on Harry's couch. He was pretty sure that they had once spent the day canoodling on that same sofa. Now the memory was tainted by the image of a girl with a slight baby bump.

She had hunched a little protectively over her growing belly. It was like she was expecting to be attacked.

The girl ... 'Jessica. Her name was Jessica.' His mind threw at him. He knew this but he wasn't ready to accept that there was an actual person who had touched Harry intimately beside him.

It was too late though. There was life in her belly. He recognised that. Harry was about to be a father. Harry was about to get everything Niall couldn't offer him; a child and being out.

Niall couldn't give Harry because of the obvious, but he thought they were working through the steps of being out publicly.

He remembered the fevered conversations with Harry about it. He remembered urging Harry to take it slowly.

'One step at a time' His mind mimics Alan Carr sipping tea one more as it girls the exact same words he hurled at Harry once.

Was all this his fault?

Niall snarled but the harsh sound was soon followed by a pitiful sob. Tears gathered in his eyes after turning a traffic robot. Everything ahead of him was blurry so he decided to stop beside the road before he got into a car accident.

The slight tremor was now running up all over his body and all he could do was tuck his hands under his armpits and rest his head on the steering wheel.

He was rendered immobile as the pain seemed to seep deep into his soul and physical being. 

So this was heartbreak.

No wonder many had written songs lamenting it's pain.

Niall swallowed mouthfuls of heated air and tried to calm himself. He could do this beside a busy L.A. highway.

Lord the paps would have a field day with him if they caught him like this.

Home. He needed to get home. There he could cry all he wanted. His eyes caught the rearview mirror as he lifted his head. His eyes were red-rimmed, lips were drawn in tight and he wore a defeated countenance.