Chapter 25

The first part of the story is very much inspired by Ed Sheeran's song New man.

I'm not throwing shade at anyone with the type of look I described in the story, it's for the purpose of the story.

Deo is in no way a pothead in real life. It's for the plot of the story.

And also updating because freaking Colton Haynes and his boyfriend are engaged argh!! God, I think I'm happier than they are lols.

--------------------------

Deo had become rarer than the full moon. And just like the full moon, whenever he became a common denominator in people's lives it was hard to ignore him.

Deo had become an enigma.

Not only had he shaved his head and stopped going to work, but he also traded his friends for a gang of preppy dressed college kids that didn't look like they even knew what a pub was. They were nightclub dudes. With their full-length tats and perpetual sunglasses covering their shaped eyebrows.

Whenever they brought Deo back from god knows where they always tipped their chilled glasses of 'something expensive' at Niall. Their nails manicured, hair gelled, not a strand out of place, they would give Niall a lacklustre smile as if he was part of their little crew.

Now, Niall was not judging their look, after all, Harry himself was just a bleached asshole away from looking like them but he was very much judging their motives.

They screamed old money. Smelled like daddy's little heirs. They hung out at exclusives clubs that Deo and Niall used to sneak into when they started golfing back in Ireland. These boys, men, gentlemen, whatever they were referred to as did not hang out with the likes of Deo and Niall.

Because even though Niall had made his millions, there was still a difference between rich and being wealthy.

There was also a difference between old money and new money.

New money got you ten million followers on Instagram and an annoying buzz of paps trying to get even a meagre picture of you picking your nose.

Old money had titles before their Christian names on Instagram and could buy the tabloid that dared buy and use a picture of this prestigious family member without 'consent'.

Deo's new friends where old money. And he just didn't understand their sudden interest in his cousin. Deo had become scruffy, barely bathed, barely ate, just sat there with his eyes glued to his screen waiting to get down from his high so he could get up on high again.

Generally, old money would never be caught dead hanging out with someone like Deo. He was literally spiralling out of control. So why were they ushering his cousin into their white polo tees group club?

Something​ was up.

Niall knew it.

Everyone knew it.

But nobody knew what to do about it, because Deo was a grown ass man that could make his own decisions.

And make the decisions he did. He decided that he didn't want to go to school in Australia anymore. Nor did he want to work. He just wanted to take a gap year off and rest.

Which would have been fine if he wasn't spending the whole time getting high on Niall's couch?

Niall watched as Deo went for his bong that was on the centre table in the living. His eyes narrowed and automatically his nose crinkled at the memory of the sharp smell of weed that had somehow permeated itself into the house's ventilation system. It took days to get rid of.