chapter 7 - i'll be your man

*a few weeks later*

dougie pov - tonight was the first night of tour.  'Haz, come here a sec' harry came over and wrapped his arms around my waist placing his hands on my arse. 'Yesss' he replied looking down at me. 'How would you feel if we told the fans about us tonight?' he raised his eyebrows and a smile appeared on his face. 'I'm gonna do it on stage and i know exactly how.' i said to him. 'Now go you have physio in 5 minutes.' i said rushing him away. I made my way over to tom who was getting his hair done. 'So tom how would you feel if i sang a line in 'i'll be your man' but change the lyrics to 'when i found you harry'?' i asked him nervously. 'Wait omg you're telling the fans tonight? Or are you just teasing them with pudd. Leaving them to wonder what goes on behind harrys bedroom door?' he said laughing. 'Shut up fletcher. No actually telling them. Then getting harry from behind his drums and kissing him?' i said raising why eyebrows in anticipation waiting for toms answer. 'Yeah sure!' a nervous sweat dripped down my brow scared about what the fans might say. 

harry pov - we were getting ready to go on stage when dougie started freaking out. I had never seen him like this before a gig. Normally he was so ready, but it was like he was so scared of going out there and screwing up. 'Hey don't worry about screwing up, look at danny, he forgets the words all the time!' i said trying to reassure him everything would be okay and gave him a gentle kiss. YMCA came on the speakers knowing it was our queue i started jumping up and down to get myself siked up. Dougie was still standing there nervously playing with his guitar pic. 'Come on butty if you do this gig well, i'll give you a treat afterwards.' I walked to the back wing ready to walk to my drums but gave doug a flirty wink before. Dougie kept coming over to my drums throughout the show and i admired how amazing he was at the bass, watching him have fun on stage fills my heart with so much joy. Tom introduced 'i'll be your man' i was singing along playing the drums. Then tom stopped singing and it was replaced with dougie. The fans went crazy when doug started singing. Danny looked at me confused (what's new) but i started listening to doug's voice. 

And I'm right here, so lock the door

Because you need me

But I need you more

And I don't care, 'bout your mistakes

Because they all went away

When I found you harry

dougie pov - the fans screamed, like really screamed. Tom carried on singing and i made my way over to harry's drums he mouthed 'i love you' to me and when the song came to an end, i made my way back to my mic. 'Harry, darling.' i said in my usual, flirty, pudd stage voice 'could you come down here please.' harry stood up and came over to my mic. 'So this is my boyfriend harry, you guys know him kinda. He's the one that sits at the back and practically does nothing except stare at my arse whilst i play.' The fans screamed and some cried. I kissed harry and he made his way back to his stool. 'Okay, cool. What is the next song you will fuck up mr jones?' i asked my fellow band member. 'Um ah don't kno' doug paha, lost me set list. Tom?' the boltoner asked the blond on his right. 'You're useless danny. 5 colours. ' the whole arena screamed '1, 2, 1, 2, 3, 4'

harry pov - the gig came to an end, we did our bows and through guitar picks, sweaty towels, drum sticks and water bottles, waved then walked off. I took dougie by the hand and lead him into the dressing room. We both sat on the sofa cuddling until i remembered that dougie announced our relationship. I got my phone out and checked twitter. It was flooded with so many amazing comments from the fans and some random people that either knew 'all about you' or saw us on strictly and I'm a celeb. Either way, there were more positive responses than negative, which was a relief. Me and doug were sharing a hotel room after we got back after the gig we were both shattered, even too tired for the treat i had promised dougie. We pulled off our clothes and got straight into bed hugging each other. 'Shall we put stuff on social media about us so other fans that weren't at the show don't feel left out!' i asked doug. 'Yeah, ok babe' I grabbed my phone from the bedside table and took a photo of me and doug lying in bed together, hair messy and eyes tired. I posted an instagram with an explanation that dougie and i were seeing each other and saying how happy i was with him. I posted the same thing to twitter and Facebook. Doug did the same but used a photo we had taken a few weeks ago of us kissing after having some fun! I was so happy. I could finally talk about dougie as my boyfriend and go out holding hands not caring if someone gets a photo of us.

dougie pov - i wrote a soppy paragraph on my instagram. 'I love being with harry. He made me feel safe, protected, loved. It had been so long since a man to love me in any way. My dad ran out on us leaving me in charge to care for my family. I guess thats why it felt strange when harry came along. I've never been so in love with anyone. I love you so so much harry mark christopher judd, i can't wait for our future together.' Harry read it off of his timeline and started crying, kissing me all over the top half of my body. 'I love you dougie, I love you so so much. I promise i will never leave you.' he told me letting his tears drip onto my bare chest. I smiled and rubbed his head, he came level to my head and pecked me on the lips. I cuddled into his chest, enjoying the moment with my boyfriend.