Chapter 20: Caretaker...

Back to 2016
Jung Ho Seok

Here I was, in the lecture room. I felt wrong being here. I didn't belong here. I belong to room in the basement with big mirror patched on every centimetre of the wall.

I glanced at my wristwatch and put my head back on the table when I knew what time it was. The class would be started in 30 minutes, but I was there already. Nam Joon came to my practice room, stopped the music, dragged me out and he pushed me here instead.

Actually, I didn't really put an interest to go on the college like Nam Joon did. I preferred to be a dance tutor in the club I was in. But the boys were force me in, especially Seok Jin Hyung. He told me that he didn't want have a stupid cousin like me.

"Hello, Seonbaenim?"

I rose my head up just to found a girl standing in front of me. Did she know me? But I didn't know her. How come?

"Seonbaenim?" The girl swayed her hand in front of me. "Yes?"

Instead of reply my question? She put her books on the table in front of me; hinting that she had asked for a place to sit. I shoved my books aside as I shifted. She started to open the book and read; acting like nothing happened.

"Who the hell are you?" I frowned. The girl looked up from her book and turned her head. "Forget me already?" She looked sad.

Huh?

"It's okay." She back to her book. I was going to confront her more, but the professor was already walking in.

The class had started but I couldn't concentrate on it at all; giving a glance on the girl beside me once a while.

^_^

The professor gave us another project. He just left by the way. The students began to walk out from the lecture room, but I still there.

I groaned in frustration while taking the note on what should I prepare for the project. It wasn't group's project, but the individual one. Well, maybe I'll cling on Nam Joon and ask him to do this for me instead.

But then something blocked my view. It was a book.

"Hey! I'm-"

"Here, I've written it down what should we need for the project." It was the girl beside me. I looked up at her and then a realization hit me.

"Han Yool, right?" I thought she is the girl that Nam Joon asked to deliver my project to me weeks ago...

"Need 2 hours to recognize that it was me? I was sitting beside you all this time though..."

^_^

That day, when I was walking down the corridor to the cafeteria, I encountered with Han Yool. I raised my hand to greet her, but she dragged me with her instead.

"Hey, hey, what are you doing?"

"Come on, I don't have much time. I have a class in an hour." Just like usual, she ignored my question and dragged me to somewhere. After few stairs and turn, Han Yool released her grip from my sleeve.

"Why the hell do you bring me here??" She just successfully dragged me to the library.

"Han Yool, can't you answer my question?" I whined as I followed her to some section. She pulled few books from one section and dragged me to another section. She shoved all the books to my arms while she pulled few books more.

She slammed the book on the table as soon as we got empty seats.

"Look, I'm going to help you with this project. Sadly I don't have much time right now. I was thinking if I could give you a work while I'm gone to shorten the time, so we don't need much time to finish the project. Get it?"