Chapter 36: Resentment

Bee's POV

I woke up to the beeping sound of the machines that I was hooked up to

I woke up to the beeping sound of the machines that I was hooked up to. I felt Shawn's arms still around me. I thought that he was sleeping but when I moved he began to rub my stomach. I smiled and turned over so that I could see him. He looked at me and smiled.

"How long have I been sleeping?" I asked Shawn as he continued to rub my little stomach that held our little girl or boy.

"You were sleep for about two hours. Your mom came in to see you but she saw how peaceful you were sleeping so she is waiting outside in the waiting room. Do you want me to go get her?" Shawn asked me as he sat up on the edge of the hospital bed about to leave the room.

"No, I don't want to talk to her right now. I don't want you to leave me either. When can I go home?" I asked as I grabbed Shawn's hand and held it tight.

"Bee, you can't treat your mom like this. She loves you and you know that if Matthew is telling the truth then she had a really good reason for hiding it from you." Shawn said as he sat back on the bed and kissed me gently. I smiled weakly and laid my head back on the pillow.

"Ok....can I at least wait until I get home in the privacy of my own home to have this conversation with my mom?" I asked as I gave Shawn my pouty eyes.

"Ok...ok....but just know that this conversation will happen. Today! But I will go get Dr. Roberts and ask him when it will be okay for you to be released." Shawn said getting up slowly and walking out of the room. When Shawn exited my room I put my head in my hands and fought back my tears. I hated feeling this way. My whole life had spun out of control right before my eyes. I didn't know if I would be able to forgive my mom at this point of time. I didn't even want to see her. I heard movement in my room so I looked up to find her standing quietly in the doorway with Shawn beside her.

"What did Dr. Roberts say Shawn?" I asked avoiding eye contact with my mother all together. Shawn walked slowly past my mom and came and laid beside me in the bed as he pecked my lips.

"He said that he has to come give you one final checkup. I already signed your release papers so after your final checkup we can go home." Shawn said as he wrapped his arms around me and hugged me. When he got close enough to my ear he spoke to me. "Stop being this way and talk to her...she is your mother." Shawn said before getting up and making up an excuse about going to check on Solo in the waiting room.

"Hi Beyonce, how are you feeling?" My mom asked as she slowly walked into the room and stood at the foot of my bed. She seemed as if she was just as nervous about this conversation as I was.

"I'm good. Your grandchild is fine as well." I said keeping it short as I looked at the TV that was set on the BET channel. I watched my video as my song filled the room. My mom quietly came and sat on the foot of my bed. I tried to ignore her until she took my hand.