Chapter 44: Under Construction

Solo's POV

**Flashback**

I rolled my eyes as I sat frustrated at the bar waiting on Bee to show up with Michelle and Kelly. My phone vibrated in my hand to reveal a text message from her late ass. It read:

From: Sis

Sorry we are late, I kind of got held up in an interview....be there in 20 minutes...Love ya.

I rolled my eyes before exiting out of her message without responding. I waved the bartender over and I ordered a shot of Everclear. I needed something strong because my sister was really pissing me off tonight. Before I had a chance to down it, I felt a hand gently touch my arm.

"Are you sure you want to do that?" I heard the sexy voice that the hand belonged to speak. I turned around to see a tall light skinned built guy with long dreads, green eyes, big sexy lips, and sparkling white teeth. After taking in all of his sexiness, I smiled at him.

"I am a grown woman, I am pretty sure that I want to take this shot." I said before I turned back towards my shot. As I reached for my shot again, his had stopped me again.

"What's your name beautiful?" He said with a chuckle. I couldn't help but respect him for his persistence.

"Since you're obviously not going to let me take my shot in peace, my name is Solange." I said as I turned around and placed my hand on my hip.

"A beautiful name for a beautiful woman; which is why I cannot allow you to drink such an outrageous drink. Let me order you a drink." He said as he waved over the bartender before I could even speak a word. I watched as he ordered me an apple martini and ordered himself a beer.

"Well thank you....." I said hinting that I would like to know his name.

"Anthony." He said as he smiled at me. I smiled back and bit the inside of my lip. We started to make small talk about different things and before I knew it, I had ordered two more apple martinis and he had ordered another beer and a shot of patron. As the effects of the alcohol took over me our conversations became more personal.

"So are you married or seeing someone?" I asked as I leaned in showing him that I was flirting.

"Naw, not at all beautiful....I am quite single." He said as he moved a strand of hair out of my face. I blushed at his gentle touch.

"So am I." I said giggling and scooting closer. He leaned into my ear. I shuddered at the closeness as the scent of his cologne took over me.

"Your friends are here...I will find you later beautiful. Don't leave without seeing me." He said as he smiled at me again and quickly left me at the bar alone. Just as he moved out of view, Bee and the girls arrived.

"Damn heifer, I see you started without us." Bee said as she gave me a quick hug with an apologetic smile.

"Don't worry, I'm not mad anymore." I said with a smile as I looked over the crowd trying to catch a glimpse of Anthony again.

"Well let's drink hoe." Kelly and Bee said in unison as Michelle looked on and shook her head in disbelief. We spent quite some time at the bar drinking until we were all feeling the effects of the drinks. Bee was falling over damn near drunk because of how many shots she had taken, Kelly was on the same level as Bee but she wasn't laughing hysterically at every word I spoke unlike my sister, and Michelle was somber because we had talked her into a few drinks and she was now feeling the effects too. I had my share of drinks as well but I was a partygoer and the drinks had me tipsy but still in my right state of mind.