Chapter 39: Love

Shawn's POV

I shook my head trying to make sense of what had happened. Everything was a blur to me. All I could remember were our guests yelling, Matthew lunging at Bee and my unborn child with a knife, struggling, blood, Matthew being placed in the back of the cop car finally, and now sitting here in the hospital waiting room. My eyes are heavy and I need sleep but I refuse to sleep at a time like this. I look over at Mama Tina who is sleeping in the chair next to me. I take off my tux jacket and drape it over her sleeping body. I hear footsteps approach and I look towards the sound and smile.

"Hey....how are you holding up?" I ask as I slowly walk towards the person with my hands in my pants pocket.

"I'm scared." The person says as they rush into my arms.

"It will be alright. She is a fighter and you know it." I say as I kiss the top of her forehead and just hold her close. She shakes and trembles in my arms and I pull her tighter wishing that I could take away all her fears.

"Why did he have to do this on our wedding day?" Bee asks as she looks up to me with eyes full of tears.

"I don't know baby....but things could have been a whole lot worse if I hadn't managed to get that knife out of his hand." I said as I locked eyes with Bee and held her tightly.

"Yeah I am past blessed that me and the baby weren't harmed.....but that's my baby sister in there. She shouldn't be going into labor this early......she is only 7 months pregnant...and the blood...." Bee started before she broke down and started crying again.

"Solo is one of the strongest people I know....and if little man is anything like his mother, aunt, or me; he will fight through this too." I said as I tried to reassure Bee and calm her down. I sat down and pulled Bee onto my lap. She cuddled into my body and I could feel her relax. The doctors had been in the room with Solo since we had her rushed in and when she came in she was pretty out of it.

"This is why I love you....you are my superman." Bee muffled into the side of my neck before her breathing became steady to tell me that she was resting. I held her tightly and thanked God that it wasn't Bee in that hospital room. I hated that this had to happen period, but I don't think that I could handle it if anything had happened to Beyonce on our wedding day. It's killing me that I can't help Solo. Damn I wish the police hadn't gotten Matthew so I can kill his ass. I lay my head on the top of Bee's head and I close my eyes. I drift off to sleep.

"Shawn....." I feel someone slightly tapping my arm. I open my eyes to find Mama Tina standing over me holding my tux jacket in her hand.

"Any news on Solo yet?" I ask in a whisper trying not to wake a sleeping Bee in my arms.

"No.....but you need to take Beyonce home to get some rest.....she's pregnant and she's had a pretty stressful night." Mama Tina says as she motions towards Bee. I look down at her sleeping peacefully and I move a stray piece of hair from her face.

"I've tried. She won't go anywhere. She is determined to be here when we get word on Solo and the baby. She is too stubborn." I say with a chuckle.

"You know your wife. I tried to talk her into going on her honeymoon but you know she nearly snapped me in half with the look she gave me." Mama Tina said with a laugh. We both laughed for awhile before I got serious again.

"I would never be able to enjoy our honeymoon with Solo lying up in a hospital bed and I don't know how she or the baby is doing. I love that girl with all my heart and it kills me that I can't help her. She is the little sister that I never had but always wanted. I'm proud of Bee for holding up the way she is though. She is a very strong person." I say giving Bee a quick peck on her lips. Her eyes begin to flutter open and I look at her lovingly.