Chapter 6: That's how you like it

Beyonce's POV

"Beyonce!! Beyonce!!" The paparazzi yelled frantically to get my attention and snapping pictures away as Shawn and I were escorted into "Justine's" the restaurant we chose for tonight. We were taken to the back where a secluded area had already been set up for us. My bodyguard left us alone for privacy while Shawn pulled out my chair and sat across from me. I released an easy breath, letting out the tenseness that Shawn's scent alone was able to do to my body.

"What would you like to drink Ms. Knowles." The waitress said looking in my direction.

"Tea please." I replied.

"And you sir." She said turning to Shawn.

"Same." He replied simply.

"I'll give you two a few minutes to order." She said leaving us with the menus.

"It's pretty nice here ma." Shawn said looking around.

"Yea I like it." I said looking around at the dim lighting and warm colors. The waitress came back quickly with our drinks and seeing we were still studying our menu, gave us more time.

"So what's good here." He asked.

"I was thinking about getting the shrimp pasta, but I heard the chicken entree is pretty good and also the steak and potatoes. Seems like something you would like." I said glancing across the table at him.

"Why I gotta like that huh. I was thinking more on the lines of a ceaser salad or something...hmp." He said with a smirk. I laughed closing my menu finalizing on the shrimp pasta.

"Whateva you say." I said taking a sip of my tea. Once the waitress noticed Shawn and I both closing our menus, she hurried back over.

"You ready." She asked.

"Yes let me get the Shrimp pasta please." I said handing her the menu back.

"And for you sir..." She said turning to Shawn.

"Umm can I get the chicken entree." He said scratching his head and handing his menu back also.

"Ceaser Salad huh. Sure." I said laughing. He laughed also looking at me with those piercing dark eyes of his.

"So...how was your day?" He asked striking up a convo.

"Pretty good. Glad to finally get a break from these long shoots. We're just about wrapped though."

"Kool."

"How was yours?" I asked.

"Crazy, its still kind of hard to wrap my mind around all this ya know. Just happened so fast. I just can't believe I'm actually recording my first album..with Pharrell producing a track...and to top it all off..I'm out at dinner with the beautiful Beyonce Knowles...what do I owe the pleasure ma." I just blushed looking away hoping he wasn't expecting me to answer that. He reached over placing his index finger to my chin making me turn to look at him. "Huh ma...what do I..Shawn Carter..owe the pleasure.." He sat back taking a sip of his tea.