Chapter Twenty one

Namjoon's POV

I followed behind Taehyung as he stormed out of the main building. I didn't know him too well, so maybe one of his friends would have been better to go after him. Alexa would have been the best to follow, but Alexa had other things to do,  and honestly,  I felt I was one of the problems.

We did get along,  to a certain extent anyway. He had seemed to accept me,  along with the others. But recently something seemed different with him,  a look about him made me feel that he wasn't as accepting of me anymore. He seemed fine with J-hope and Jungkook,  but not necessarily with me.

I know I didn't have a good reputation; one that I wouldn't be getting rid of for a long time. Crescent Moon accepted us a lot more than I was expecting. Honestly,  I wouldn't have been surprised if someone had killed me during the night; they didn't.

People accepted us because Alexa told them too. I don't think they were in any situation to disobey their new Queen. To me it still felt strange to view Alexa as something more than just that, Alexa. You'd imagine someone descendant from the moon,  someone from royal background to be somewhat snobby, someone who expected respect at all times. Someone who knew they were above others and enjoyed that. She wasn't like that,  any time someone said 'your majesty',  you could see the discomfort it caused her. When anyone treated her with more respect and bowed towards her,  her eyes would widen and she would feel the need to take a step back.

I loved that part of her,  the part that showed that she didn't want to be someone above others. I'd fallen in love with many things with her since I'd met her: her bright green eyes, that watched my every move; how she subconsciously would move her black waves onto one side of her head as she spoke; the way she leans in and places her hand under her chin and watches you as you speak, listening to you carefully; she always cared for people,  no matter who they were; her sharp wit and sarcasm towards anyone and everyone; her bright smile,  that shone through her eyes,  alongside her loud and slightly obnoxious laugh.

In all honesty,  I'd completely fallen for her. I know we had the bond, but what I felt for her was much more than just a bond. I loved her more than I could explain or show,  and the love was only going to grow and expand until it was unbearable.

"Taehyung, stop walking away from me. I can't be bothered to run after you" I shouted behind him, I saw him slow down and create a loud huffing noise as he looked up into the sky and turned around to me.

"Why are you following me? Can't you see I'd rather be alone?" he questioned and looked at me, he still looked sad and hurt.

"Because I told your sister I would come and see what's wrong with you so that she wouldn't be worrying" I explained and looked towards him, he didn't seem affected by my words and just stared back at me.

"You and I both know that she'd be running after you if I hadn't stopped her" I said,  watching his expression soften as I spoke of her.

He huffed once again and signalled for me to come closer to him and he sat down on the floor away from any building or for anyone around to see us. I rolled my eyes slightly,  but followed after him.

"I know I'm probably not the one you wanted coming after you,  but I'm here anyway" I commented as I sat down onto the floor beside him.

"It's fine" he said quietly,  continuing to look out at the woods surrounding us.

"She's been meaning to tell you,  she's just been a bit too occupied and ends up just talking with you like normal" I spoke,  gently,  not wanting to come across badly. I still wanted to make a good impression on him, seeing as I hope to stay with Alexa for as long as possible.