Chapter Thirteen

'To Alexa,  for your 180th birthday'

I kept reading the writing over and over again. I didn't know if I wanted to open it. It scared me slightly,  what if I hadn't met her expectations and what if she wanted me to do something I don't.

"What is it?" Namjoon asked as I stared down at the letter. I walked back over to the bed and sat down next to him.

"It's a letter from my real mum,  the Queen" I said quietly and gulped. It looked so official,  so elegant. On the back there was a stamp of the moon on it.

"Are you going to open it?" he asked and placed his hand on the small of my back and rubbed slightly.

"I guess,  I'm just worried" I said as I stared at the stamp on the back,  looking at the little bits of details shown in it. You could see parts of clouds and some stars around the moon.

"Why?" he asked,  continuing rubbing the small of my back.

"I've never met her,  well not really and I don't know what she wants of me,  or if she even does. I don't want to read it and realise I am some sort of disappointment" I admitted and smiled sadly at him. He smiled back sympathetically.

"You'll never know unless you look" he said and smiled to me. He was right,  there was no point in me worrying over something I hadn't even seen before. I gently opened the back of the letter, not wanting to rip it incase I wanted to keep the letter. I pulled the letter out of the envelope and noticed the elegant writing all down the paper. I smiled at Namjoon before looking down to read the letter.

'Dear Alexa, 
I hope you are reading this on your 180th or at least some time around it. I wanted you to have this for your special day because I know I won't be there to celebrate with you. But I want you to know that even if I am not there physically,  I am still there somewhere. I don't know exactly where yet, but I know I will be.

Whilst writing this,  you are laid in your crib next to me. You are only hours old but you are the most beautiful thing I have ever seen and I know you will continue to be the most beautiful young lady the world has ever seen.

180 is a big birthday for anyone,  but especially you. Since I am not there with you,  I thought it was best I'd give you my advice as you turn that age. I'm sorry if my advice is a bit outdated,  but I can't exactly help that. However,  the changes that you are going to experience are going to be the same as every other queen before you.

Turning 180 is a big deal,  because everything that you experienced before is nothing to what you will start being able to do. I remember the first change for me was being able to control when my eyes turned purple. Obviously during the full moon they would turn purple without me being able to control them,  but that's what the moon does naturally. You are at your prime,  so you are going to become so much stronger,  day by day. People will start to respect you,  not all but some. I can't name all the things that you will obtain,  because honestly I don't know them all. Every queen is enabled different abilities and its up to them whether they use them for good or for bad.

No matter what change happens for you,  I will be there for you and I'd imagine others will too. If Maria did what I ask, by looking after you and raising you as her own,  then I know she will be there for you like she was for me all this time. I hope you have had a good time being young because those years are always the best and have the most fun in them.

I know being potentially queen is scary,  terrifying even,  but when and if you are ready to take the throne,  I know that you will do what is right for everyone and protect the innocent. I don't know whether Quarter Moon is still around,  but if they are,  you cannot let them take over as much as possible. They will kill innocent and turn this already crazy world into something dark and horrible and it's not meant to be like that.